• Rise from your gwave!

IRC

Discussion in 'General' started by eatpenguin, Jan 2, 2002.

1. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

ok here's me

i have never used irc in my life

so i downloaded mirc today

and now what?

i tried to connect to "Random US EFNet Servers" and

that didnt work

so can anyone tell me how (step-by-step) to log on to #segaextreme?

thnx

2. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

try typing /server irc.prison.net /server irc.lightning.net or try connecting to other specific irc servers until you get connected.

3. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

err... then where do i go?

4. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

/join (whatever channel you want [#segaxtreme, #segaiso, etc]) that will get you into the channel.

5. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

what happened?

so confused x_x

6. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

how do i look for files? or i guess more like, are there any good online tutorials for using irc?

7. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

if you want files go into #segaiso, and type "!megagames" to access Megametalgreymon's fserve. it should say that a user wants to connect with you. Say OK. From there type "dir" to see the files, "!disk #" where # is a number from 1-? (around 7 or 8), "cd _" where _ is the directory you want to change to, to change directories and .. is back one level. Type "get _" where _ is the file name to get in line to download a file. You will also want to , go under DCC, then options, and I believe it's under folders. There'll be an "Ignore" box or something to that effect. Switch the drop down to disabled. And make sure to uncheck the box that says "Turn ignore back on in 3 mins". Hope this helps, i know it took me a while to figure out how to work mIRC, but princess crown was enough incentive =)