Is the PS2 becoming THE system for 2D Fighters

I'd have to say that Xbox gets much more stuff from SNK. Later this year there will be an Xbox version of KOF2002 followed shortly thereafter by KOF2002+2003 Double Pack. Also non-fighter related, Xbox already has a great port of Metal Slug 3, with a Metal Slug 4+5 double-pack on the way. (According to Gamespot anyway) Xbox will also see a north american release of Guilty Gear XX #Reload soon too. So it's hard to say, but PS2 definitely is a great source of 2D Fighters, no argument there.

Well PS2 already has KOF 2000-2002 and you can also count the PSX versions of the older ones if you want. And there is Metal Slug for the PS2 as well.

At least XBox seems to have the advantage for the online stuff though

However, the PS2 does not have an official arcade stick, so that kinda gives it a disadvantage. The Dreamcast arcade stick is... well... dreamy.

Neither does the Dreamcast!!!!!! Its lincensed just like the Hori sticks on PS2.

Originally posted by Zheræ@Jul 31, 2004 @ 10:19 PM

Neither does the Dreamcast!!!!!! Its lincensed just like the Hori sticks on PS2.

Yeah but those Agetec sticks were pretty cool, albeit expensive as crap.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jul 31, 2004 @ 10:32 PM

Yeah but those Agetec sticks were pretty cool, albeit expensive as crap.

I think the Agetec stick is more official than the PS2 one.

but anyway...

I only paid $50 for my DC stick. Which is pretty reasonable considering its construction

Well, it does have the Sega seal of approval, kind of like the MadCatz guns do in the US.

Does that make them second party accessories, or does SEGA have to own the actual company to call them that? (In regards to MadCatz)

I don't care who makes it as long as it won't damage my system and it is solid and reliable. The Agetec sticks are awesome.

no comment from Des yet?

Fighting games and the PS2 in the same discussion and she hasn't jumped on it?

Originally posted by racketboy@Aug 2, 2004 @ 04:32 PM

no comment from Des yet?

Fighting games and the PS2 in the same discussion and she hasn't jumped on it?

But if she finds fault with your words, there'll be hell to pay, Racket.

Meh...

I want to play these games so badly...

But I REFUSE to play 2D games on the current generation of consoles.... Save for Dreamcast of course.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Aug 14, 2004 @ 01:22 AM

But I REFUSE to play 2D games on the current generation of consoles.... Save for Dreamcast of course.

This forum needs trouts. You IRC addicts know what I'm talking about. How can a guy lament the lack of 2D gaming, and then refuse to support the companies that still make them against all odds, even in the era of "teh 3d shadz0rs".

Back