Is Working Designs dying?

It's been 3 months since the last update (with word from Victor Ireland saying over two months ago that 8 to 10 weeks was the expected time to complete approval, packaging and shipping needs). With no new updates, poor financial shape and numerous delays, is it feasable to think that WD will not be around into next year?

They are probably already dead. What was the last game they released? Hell, their website is always the same. Not much updates

I believe it was actually 2 years. We were supposed to see Growlanser Generations very soon, but when that comes out is anyone's guess (I'm not sure if the delay is due to the approval process again, bugs, money or just mismanagement). Sony didn't like them being sold alone, so they got packaged together and were supposed to hit stores around now, but I can't imagine packaging taking 3 months to produce (which is the phase Victor Ireland said they were in several months ago).

As for Goemon, that got canned (because of Sony's approval process).

Supposedly WD is looking for a variety of newer games to release (at one point Victor Ireland mentioned 4+ titles they were actively seeking), but no word has come out on those either.

Lunar 3 was supposed to be being worked on, but we have heard nothing about that in years. And since gamearts seems to like traslating their own games now (the GBA lunar) we may see this fall straight through their hands.

Lunar 3 was supposed to be being worked on, but we have heard nothing about that in years. And since gamearts seems to like traslating their own games now (the GBA lunar) we may see this fall straight through their hands.

Actually, I think (but not positive) that it was UbiSoft that translated Lunar for the GBA.

lunar on gba was translated by ubisoft.

what would WD have to do with lunar 3 being worked on. They wouldnt do nothing on it till translating was needed.

Nevermind there probably working on growlanser still, you know how much of perfectionists Ireland and his crew are.

oh and i forgot, WD has full american release license on the Lunar series being released here.(that is the main series, not gaiden) so GA has to go to WD first before offering the translating rights to someone else.

Back