Japanese Spare Part

I've got a bit of a problem here....

I bought a Japanese White Model 2 Saturn about 2 years ago... works fine except right now, the CD Unit does not work (don't ask...).

I tried the CD Unit from my Model 2 PAL Saturn, but with no luck... and I really don't want to have to buy a whole new Saturn just for this one part... so I was wondering if anyone knew where to get (or has) a spare CD unit for a Japanese Model 2 Saturn...

The unit is specifically a JVC EXL-P608, the 32-pin kind... I've no idea if it actually matters what CD unit I use, but I suspect so...

Anyone? o.o

It does matter which CD board you use in those Saturns. Don't ask me why because I just don't know, but it does.

(moving to Buy/Sell/Trade)

I think it matters on what cd unit you use I have the same problem with my white jap model 2 saturn 21-64 pinchip, I tried to swap the 21-32 laser-cd drive assembly but it did not work, if you are looking to buy for a laser-cd drive assembly you should buy the exact replica of your cd drive assembly if it is a 21-32 pinchip 21-64 wont work on it. Try this before buying another drive

Open up your saturn and under the laser-cd drive assembly you will see an orange pot turn it 5 degrees clockwise this will boost up the laser of the lens enough make it work again :)

It works for me though!

Nah the actual problem was that I was foolish enough to let a friend mod it... got solder all over the CD board, burnt the chips trying to get it off.... what a dumbass =/

Annoying bit is I managed to mod my PAL Saturn using Mal's 1-wire method perfectly fine.

Lesson of the day - If you want something done properly, do it yourself.

At least my boring PAL Saturn has a lovely white shell now...

I've been keeping an eye on EBay for broken Japanese Saturns, but the CD unit is always what's broken, hah.

if you find another model 2 white saturn then ill buy the case of you (so long as it isnt yellowing like mine!!) that should save you some money!

Back