Jim993 --> answer to your noodle cooking question!

Cecilia Chen

Ban Hammered

Hi Jim993,

Thanks for your Instant Message. Its the most oddest one I have received so far!
smile.gif

Just wondering do you know how to make those Chinese noodles that come with soup from Chinese restaurants? They're dry noodles with a lot of bubbles in them that are crunchy. If you do would you mind telling me how (sure i really don't cook but eventually i'll have to lol)?

As for your answer, im assuming these are not pre-packaged? If they are pre-packaged noodles they tell you the instructions on the back. The instructions might be in English, but most likely its all in Chinese (In which case your screwed). I think the only "English" manufactures are obligated to print is the Nutritional content of the food and ingredients.

The reason why your probably screwed with Pre-packaged food that comes with instructions in Chinese is because a lot of these kits have special preperation steps. Why you ask? A lot of the new "Instant" foods comes in "Self-cooking" containers. For most (If you prepare it correctly) All you need is hot water, and it will "Self-Steam/Cook" in the pack automaticly. Same with Instant rice and other foods. It tastes better, and if your out camping, or at work where you can't cook, its much more convenient since you just add water, and it cooks quickly at your desk.

If the noodles came from a restaurant (Take out), Im assuming they would tell you what to do. But if they don't its probably the kind where you cook the noodles first, then cook the soup (I’m assuming it has meat and loads of stuff in it). After both are cooked, you can put the noodles in individual bowls (Servings) and add the soup to each.

Im assuming this is real Chinese food, not Amaricanized chinese food (like Fried Chicken balls swimming in red sauce, ect). If the food is take out, its dosn't matter how you cook the soup, since its probably Amaricanized food. If you get it specialy made from a restraunt (Where you sit down), then it probably matters.

And thats another cooking moment with Cecila Chen. Not to mention the strangest IM so far
smile.gif

PM not IM, but no there not like noodles that are instant they're made at the restarunts they make them at all the restarunts near me. I was actually asking if you knew how to actually make them like tossing some flour and eggs and stuff together. They're noodles they're sort of plane tasting. at restarunts they're put on the tables to snack on and they also provide smaller versions of the noodles with soup at take out places. true they might be american inventions but i don't know.

and i wasn't sure what way would have been better PM or posting a thread i just didn't want to bother everyone else with my noodle question.

You want to toss, strech, and make your own noodles!?! Thats harder than it looks you know
smile.gif
Your better off buying pre-made noodles and boiling it yourself. Its hard to get noodles even (Without braking them) if your doing it by hand.

i don't think i can just purchase pre made ones only at restarunts but i mean i'm not going to order soup all the time to eat them (strange how i can eat those noodles like chips and if i wanted to i could probably eat them in milk LOL)

i accept the fact that you have no clue what i'm talking about and you don't know how to make them. cool enough at least i didn't ask you how to make general tao's chicken LOL

Cecilia, I do believe he's talking about the fried noodles many restaurants give with an order of soup in the states. It may not be a traditional food, but I agree they are delicious. I believe they are exactly as they sound. An egg noodle fried in sesame or peanut oil until crispy.

That site is just plain WRONG.

Those advertising execs have been at the drugs again...

Go buy the wheat-based egg roll wrappers.

Cut them into strips.

Deep fry them in oil.

That's what they are.
smile.gif

Originally posted by mal@May 22 2002,15:33

Well, their other ad campaigns included:

1) Find a poodle in your noodle: If you find a poodle in the pot noodle, you can "sue" for £5000

2) Big Dave: A big man called Dave that only this one guy could see.... and this guy got called a "Fat Bloater" cuz he ate a whole BIG Pot Noodle and he claimed that this Big Dave had some.... slogan? Blame it on Big Dave
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@May 23 2002,20:05

Well, their other ad campaigns included:

1) Find a poodle in your noodle: If you find a poodle in the pot noodle, you can "sue" for £5000

Sounds a bit like the "anti-advertising" campaign Sprite were running some years back. They had a competition where you won anything you found when looking under the table.

The effectiveness of the parody was somewhat reduced by the fact that Coca-Cola held a "look-under-the-cap" competition at the same time..

so far only 2 people seem to know what i'm talking about cyn(never thought of that but i guess i could do that) and falstaff everyone else no i'm not talking about those types of noodles.

Yes, post a picture. From what people are discribing it sounds like those so called fried crispy noodles that are orange (Like cheese) Which people put on salads or something LOL
smile.gif

i belive they should now i forgot that geocities needs capital letters for .JPG if the jpg is .JPG on the site.

Originally posted by mal@May 23 2002,06:33

Hey, just because advertising is crap wherever you are in the world doesnt mean that they have to be elsewhere

UK Xbox site, watch the "mosquito" ad first

Watch a UK coffee ad here. I want that car!

When our american friends came over from florida they were rivited to the adverts amased at the quality and humour! will post other sites if i find any to a new thread

edit - the "dig dave" promo and the like are normal ads here :) well normal for pot noodle. The "poodle" promo was a pisstake on all the ambulance chaser lawyer ads like "Claims Direct" "i dropped a television on my foot and got £15 Bn off sony for having a sharp edge on their TV" kinda add

"Love is a strange all-overy feeling that starts in your head and ends in someone elses tights. Stay Hungry..."- pot noodle ad

Sorry, I probably should have put one of these
wink.gif
after my comments.

I think the site is pretty out there (especially for potnoodles), but very cool.

Love the afro on the cortina!
biggrin.gif

Back