Just curious...

You'll get no arguments from me, I love my Saturn. If those Sony lovers annoy you so much then don't become a Sega version of the exact same thing. It's like when I was at school.. SNES kids arguing with Megadrive kids, over nothing other than who has the best console (not which console is the best, there's a difference) which is totally subjective anyway. The Saturn has some 2d masterpieces and one or two 3d ones. The PSX destroys it for RPGs.

They're both different, can we just leave it now?

Arguments??? Why you believe that I'm looking for arguments? I didn't ever asked something about it. Is it that bad that I want to tell my opinion?

"The PSX destroys it for RPGs." you don't mean Saturn, do you?

... oh wait I got it, you're joking.

OK I'll do as you said and I'll stop it here!

You sound to me as if you're arguing. They're both very different systems and IMO the PSX is infinately better for RPGs than the Saturn. if your opinion is different then fair enough. Stop acting like such a child about this. Can't you just accept that they have they have different qualities without trying to get the last word in?

Originally posted by Myname@June 22 2002,11:50

You sound to me as if you're arguing. They're both very different systems and IMO the PSX is infinately better for RPGs than the Saturn. if your opinion is different then fair enough. Stop acting like such a child about this. Can't you just accept that they have they have different qualities without trying to get the last word in?

As long as you don't count FF8 and 9 then yeah, it is better than Saturn for RPG... Those Konami ones kick ass
smile.gif

I see!

So, as I said I won't go any further. No I'm not arguing and I'm sorry if I sound like this. And it's really hard to accept something that doesn't exist (quality psx rpgs). You have your opinion and I have mine. To bad they're not the same.

PSX is better then Saturn. Thats a fact. DC had its chance but blew it. I like sega cd ALOT. PS1 is NICE! I use that and my car adapter (AC) and my protable dvd player and BOOM PSX in the car =) Can even do PS2 if I want..... ANYWAYS PSX has ALOT of good games!

2D fighters... well most are 3d or came from NES like SF2

3d tho... Erghiez was FUN AS HELL! And that Diablo clone was cool too! Also Soul Edge was a new era... (Rem Soul caliber?)

Good rpgs.. FF, Lunar, Vanguard Bandits, and lots others that I own. Oh yea and BOF

Action. MGS!!!! Comon you KNOW you played that one! Or how about silent bomber.

Anyways its all about how you see it... some games are good others are bad. Not anything to DO with the systems... its all about the games you play for it.

Of course, I love my saturn
smile.gif
, so, I´ll always maintain it´s the best 32 bist console, etc, etc... if it´s true or not it´s not important
wink.gif
, I suposse it is not better than PSX ¡ sigh !
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

But I find nothing good in my sega CD... I bought it a lot of years ago, paying a big amount of money... then, I found a few very good tittles, like Sonic, Snatcher, Soul Start, Silpheed, Dune, Earth Worm Jim... and a few more... but really, it has been a total deception. I was waiting for something like SNES RPGs, and I only found sadly graphics in the best sega cd tittles, like lunar ( it shows Master system sprites, in fact, Soleil is much better, being a genny game, and Light Crusader or Landstalker have better graphics too ), nobody knows why. I was waiting more games like Silpheed, and I only found Soul start... I was waiting gennie-like improved games ( not the same gennie tittles with different music and a shity introduction, example: Chuck Rock or Hook ), like Earth Worm Jim, and there was only a few, like Batman or Sonic CD... however, there was a bunch of shity-stupid-boring Full Motion Video tittles, only made for cheating people... and this not finish here... how many tittles were sold in Europe ?, 50-60 being 30 pure shit... it´s a total tricking !!!!! ( in that time, nobody had a CDR writter and Internet conection !!! )

Ah !, and after this, I bought the 32X, don´t know why... no comments...

Yes PS2 is a good DVD player but nothing else. Since this thread is turning into "Sega VS Sony" (useless fight IMO) I don't want to take place here even if I have so many thing to tell to Myst(if you think that Soul Calibur is stolen from Soul Edge then every 3D fighter is stolen from Virtua Fighter).

I own both Saturn & PSX but only one gives me pure gaming experience and I call that console best for myself anything else will perish.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Silender@June 23 2002,12:27

Yes PS2 is a good DVD player but nothing else.

You see? You just can't leave it can you?

OK, we all have our opinions so stop trying to provoke people with stuff like this.

And Myst didn't say Soul Calibur was stolen from Soul Edge at all. You'll find Soul Edge is the prequel to Soul Calibur.. hence the 'new era' of which she spoke.

Myst, How can you say that the PSX is better then the Saturn by FACT? Who verifies this? The masses of brainwashed sheep that flock to Sony? It may be a fact that it was COMMERCIALLY a better system, but in the opinion of many here, that system was a pile of junk. You do see that the PSX's quality vs. amount of games rastio wasn't exactly stellar.

Oh, and I DO believe that the PSX had a hand in destroying the Saturn as did the PS2 with the Dreamcast. dC woulda had a way better chance had Sony not started hyping their BS2 so early and thus ruining Sega's chances of any type of success in Japan.

Believe it or not, gaming is an industry in which anybody is allowed to compete. Just because the DC died does not mean that Sony killed it or it is their 'fault'. I'm as sad as anyone that Sega's last few consoles didn't do so well but blaming other companies won't get anyone anywhere.

Originally posted by Silender@June 22 2002,18:20

Hi I was reading about a Final Fantasy 7 topic and I saw that you said you hate SONY. Why must you hate a company that made many great products. Do you like Snes,Sega Cd,or cds. I think SONY was the one to make these things possible. Please dont think I am telling you whats good and whats not I just wanted to tell you why must people hate companys that are Amazing.Well have a nice day and SONY RULES.I am a

proud owner of many SONY PRODUCTS

That was a PM I received today from a guy/gal named "theunknownone". Wel it seems that this person has no post here and he just registered (today 22-6-2002) for telling me what I quoted. I'd like to hear you opinions guys... just curious...

i read that and i think what he was trying to say is they invented the cd

philips were the main party in the original design of the format i think though

sony doesnt actually make a lot of software anyway, they merely publish it and produce the systems to play it mostly

Yeah, I couldn't quite remember who invented the CD (was also thinking it was Phillips). Maybe he means Sony parts were used in the Mega CD.. who knows?

Sony made the sound chip for the snes...Also,sony helped develop the sega cd(according to sega visions)

You see? You just can't leave it can you?

OK, we all have our opinions so stop trying to provoke people with stuff like this.

And Myst didn't say Soul Calibur was stolen from Soul Edge at all. You'll find Soul Edge is the prequel to Soul Calibur.. hence the 'new era' of which she spoke.

Now who can't just leave it?(I spoke for a new era too. The 3D fighting one)

-megametalgreymon

I already told him about that (Philips thing) thanks for mentioning it.

Lets see. Soul Edge was on PSX and moved to DC (Soul Caliber)

Virtual Fighter was diff. Also Ps2 I like in ways... I can play old PSX on it as well as some games. I like Summoner and Dynasty Warriors 2.

Also With all the new emulation for Ps2 its nice. Also Crystal I hated saturn ever since they moved Lunar over to PSX. I waited, bought saturn, got all that, THEN Lunar was comming out TOMMORROW. WOW I waited... Delayed a week.... Delayed AGAIN... AGAIN!!!! Then "CANCELED" Like ARG!!!!! Same thing with Lunar 2... delayed like hell till it finally came out... so lets say sega pissed me off alot but I dont hate it. As for saturn, given the games id play my PSX ones... I like FFT and so on better then Blazing Heroes... that game was like boring.... Also Im NOT a Sony vs Sega! I have BOTH and im proud to play both! I just wish a PSX would work on PC better... I havent seen a GOOD one yet. Im also glad I have all Sega Cd games and can play them on PC THATS a biggie! =)

Also Sega Cd started it all.... no wait... 3do started the Game cds but wasnt till sega cd that turned the games around. Then all did it. Hell Snes HAD a cd rom unit as well. Doubt you saw it tho. Saturn was a atempt to combind 32x into a system. Better games and graphics. Then PSX was out which was ahead of its time really. After that all sucked.. N64 was crap unless you gave it to a kid to play with (so they dont mess up the cds) DC was a joke. I mean SURE I bought it, LOVE IT. I love sonic and PSO and soul caliber. But we all know without the new authors who make programs for DC like DCSnes and all those. It would be dead. Ps2... ok well nice for the better games and psx stuff. Xbox... well what I hear. If I wanted a console to do all that... id stay with my laptop.

Whatever, Silender. Can't be bothered with the 'discussion'.

Myst, Soul Calibur was not the DC port of Soul Edge/Blade. Soul Calibur was the sequel to Soul Edge in the arcades, it just happened that they weren't released very far apart on home consoles. Soul Edge came out towards the end of the Saturn's lifespan (Last Bronx was supposed to be Sega's answer to it), Soul Calibur (obviously) was DC.

Cervantes lost the swords at the end of Soul Edge to Siegfried who was transformed into Nightmare, who we saw in Soul Calibur (plus appearing as himself too).

Back