Just found out how great Xbox modding is.

Originally posted by Jurai+Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jurai @ Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Dec 15, 2003 @ 12:10 AM

a good point is that you can't play XBox games on a PC

I'd rather play XBox games than PC games.

theres xbox emulators last i checked, and i have an xbox, i just think modding is lame [/b][/quote]

He never said there weren't any emus for xbox on pc, you just can't play xbox games on pc.

hey Segavagabond...

you didnt knw there were ports of Doom and Duke 3D for the box?

Check out #xbins on iRC, server EFNet.

They are out there buddy, I havent played them, but they are out there. =)

ya, a lot fo those older dos games have been redone for the xbox.....but I agree, an emu would be SWEET!. It's not THAT hard to emu dos is it?

PS2 emulation is relativly weak (compared to xbox) but w/ the HDD out I think that it'll pick up a wee bit. I dunno much about PS2 emu's though as I dont have a PS2, let alone a modded one. Just if u can, get a modded xbox.

Being the proud owner or a modded ps2, I can safely say, I'd almost rather it wasn't modded. The things reliability goes down a notch when it's got a mod chip in it, and I hardly ever play it anyway. Even with the thought of the ability to basically get "free" games, I'd much rather play something else most of the time.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Dec 15, 2003 @ 09:48 AM

hey Segavagabond...

you didnt knw there were ports of Doom and Duke 3D for the box?

Check out #xbins on iRC, server EFNet.

They are out there buddy, I havent played them, but they are out there. =)

Thanks. I have Doom on my Xbox, but there were some incredible NES-style Action games for the DOS system, and the game that got me into gaming singlehandedly Daggerfall, that I really want on my Xbox. Myth was also DOS based, correct? Oh, and Master of Orion would be nice also.

The main reason why I want it on my Xbox is because XP won't allow me to play them :p :banana :banana :banana :banana

Has anyone used the chipless Mod technique? I have an X-box I want to mod so I can load emulators on it. The only problem is I am not super good with sodering. I had a hard enough time with my saturn. Just curious if you can have success without installing a chip. Thanks.

I didnt bother clicking on your link, but I used the bert & ernie font hack to modify my xbox. Works great, and I put in a 30gb hd. I also recommend tunneling software, makes for fun free online gaming.

I'm hesistant to mod/use hacks because of xbox Live... I know when halo 2 comes out I'll be using it like crazy. I suppose if I put a bit of time into it I could install a mod and new hd and still have XBL accessible.... I'll put it on my to do list I suppose. But I just got a GC so that'll keep me busy from looking for new stuff for awhile.

---Ammut

yeah I have a mod chip and a 120 GB hard drive in my xbox. Good stuff too, I've used live once so far lol, but anytime I want I can fool my xbox into thinking it's stock so that I can go on live.

If your worried about soldering, then they sell solderless modchips. Thats what I did, worked like a charm!

Theres switches made for the x-box that let you turn off the mod chip so you can play on x-box live. As for emulation on the x-box its great. I have an 80 gig in mine and I dont even play x-box games on it, just emulators.

anything that you can run off of a disc can be executed from a hard drive as well, it's just a matter of having a way to tell the xbox to run it, which is how you put an emulator on the hard drive and run it, so to can the same process be used for a dvd/cd game.

Edit: In fact, I keep all the xbox games I own on the hdd, it's one of the reasons I play the system so much, I never have to go find my disks or mem cards or anything when I wanna play.

Back