Just got a Model 1 Usa Saturn

Found it in NICE condition at some shitty videogame store (which stocks mostly sports genny and snes games, and then puts his "rare" games on ebay).

Anyways, I really want to pick up a mod chip. Any recomendations on which system would be less of a hassle to mod? Thanks.

Also, besides the oval buttons and red led for access, are there any other advantages the model 1 has over the 2?

Model 1 mod chips are near impossible to find, but it is alot easyer to do the swap trick with model 1 saturns.

Yes if you don´t mind swaping saves lots of trouble and money compared to finding a modboard that works on a 64 pin saturn. Heck my Saturn been swap since 95 no worries.

Originally posted by Zheræ@Sep 2, 2004 @ 02:24 PM

Yes if you don´t mind swaping saves lots of trouble and money compared to finding a modboard that works on a 64 pin saturn.

Model 1 Saturn doesn't neccessarily equal 64 pin Saturn.

Finding a mod that will work in a Saturn with a 20 pin ribbon cable is even harder.

Thats what I´m saying forget modding and just use the swap trick unless he finds a 32 pin model 2 Saturn.

Originally posted by Chris@Sep 1, 2004 @ 08:42 PM

Model 1 mod chips are near impossible to find, but it is alot easyer to do the swap trick with model 1 saturns.

Yep it is easier to do the swap in model1 but after 10-100 times of swapping your console will break down. I say, just buy a mod chip www.jandaman.com has a mod chip for model 2 :rolleyes: you can save your self from headaches!

The swap trick if done right theres little to no damage done to your saturn. Besides you don´t need to swap that much if you buy originals too ... or just don´t swap all day!

I say, just buy a mod chip www.jandaman.com has a mod chip for model 2, you can save your self from headaches!

Or gain new ones once you discover that it doesn´t work on your model 2 64 pin saturn ;P

Back