Karny's job?

calganagain

Ban Hammered
Just a quick note to say goodbye. This is my last day at work for the remainder of the year and I'll only be back online come the 6th of January 2003!
I thought NX was a fansite and not a job. Iceman how much did you hire him on for and will there be openings for other paid positions?

Why is Karny taking off so much time? Is he traveling abroad? If so, then can anyone give some details? I think I understand what this is all about. The only telephone wire leading out of South Africa must be bundled up before an infestation of locusts starts chomping it to bits.

This is not Karny's job. Karny works on this site at his job, as you see, he doesn't have a real job, but he just sits at a computer all day and talks on ICQ, like many so-called computer experts. As for why he is taking off time, in most countries people get real time off, not every place is a slave market like America, China, and Taiwan.

And by the way, all the white men in South Africa make sure the proletariat keep the phone lines clear of infestations.

He does not have a computer at home, just at work. And he has a while off from work for the xmas holiday. So no work = no computer. He is a web designer/editor.

how do you work on computers and not even own one for yourself??

I imagine that one way that works exceptionally well is living in a country where computers are quite expensive because all the component manufacturers are foreign and prices are mostly determined by your local currency's exchange rate to the yen and/or USD, and the exchange rate goes to hell on a regular basis because some financial empire-builders play games with your country's currency. I seem to recall that this is Karny's situation, but my memory's a bit hazy.

Calagain must have a hard-on for Karny ...wondering what he looks like where hes going , id be worried if I was Karney when I get back ! Looks like he's got a stalker .

I thought NX was a fansite and not a job. Iceman how much did you hire him on for and will there be openings for other paid positions?

I have never seen a pic of her so I have no sexual desires for her. She has a girlfriend which definitively ends any sexual/romantic thoughts of her and me if I ever had any.

(Edited by calganagain at 10:52 am on Jan. 4, 2003)

I just wanna clear a few thing up.

Why is Karny taking off so much time? Is he traveling abroad? If so, then can anyone give some details?

This is my annual leave as our company closes for business over the Christmas/New Year season.

how do you work on computers and not even own one for yourself??

Computer are for the most part incredibly expensive here. Not to mention the fact that I only really use computers for online stuff (which is only available on dailup and charged by the second here). I also spend around 8+ hours a day staring at a computer screen... not exactly what I want to do when I get home.

I imagine that one way that works exceptionally well is living in a country where computers are quite expensive because all the component manufacturers are foreign and prices are mostly determined by your local currency's exchange rate to the yen and/or USD, and the exchange rate goes to hell on a regular basis because some financial empire-builders play games with your country's currency. I seem to recall that this is Karny's situation, but my memory's a bit hazy.

100% correct.

I have never seen a pic of her so I have no sexual desires for her.

When did I become a woman?!

You didn't become a woman but you are one or that was what I was told. I can't remember where I was told this though.

Should we start a fund so you can buy a computer?

Quote: from calganagain on 11:55 am on Jan. 7, 2003
You didn't become a woman but you are one or that was what I was told. I can't remember where I was told this though.

Should we start a fund so you can buy a computer?

No, he has other things to buy ;)

Back