KOF 2003 info -- MOTW Influences!

What was wrong with the 2001 and 2002 ports? I thought they were fine. If you mean the menus and such when you say they 'looked horrible', then yes, I agree, but they certainly played well and in-game was identical to the Neo version from what I could see. IMHO, 2001 and 2002 were much better ports on the DC than 2000 was (the controls just didn't feel right on that one).

Originally posted by dhau@Nov 28, 2003 @ 07:27 PM

Just out of curiosity - RacketBoy? And everyone who wants KOF 2003 on DC:

Did you actually imported original KOF 2001/2002 for DC? And paid stupid 59$ price for imports? Forgive me my doubts, but for some reasons I think your copy is on a shiny and affordable CD-R media. So don't tell anyone about a "DC market". There is no such thing outside of Asia. And in Asia it's shrinking by the day.

Where did I say anything about those?

I was just saying it was a possibility for it to come out in JP for the DC.

I probably wouldn't buy it personally unless it was significantly different that the previous ones. But I am a big fighter fan and if I thought it was worth it, I would have no problem shelling out the cash for it. It's not that much more than some new releases here.

Now if they came out with a nice Metal Slug compliation, I would happily place my pre-order.

Originally posted by dhau@Nov 28, 2003 @ 07:27 PM

SNK is dead, playmore is a korean-based operation, which exploits old successful francises. Not that it's bad, but it doesn't make sence to say SNK. It's either just Playmore or SNK-Playmore.

And I fully agree it's a waste for Playmore to support DC or XBOX or GC due to mizerable market share of those systems in Japan and Korea. And jp/kr are the trimary target markets for Playmore atm. With a very few hardcore *cough*geeks*cough* collectors it doesn't make sence to bring anti-western products like KOF or MS to minor console systems.

I'm fully aware of "SNKs" situation. I just refer to them as "SNK" because it's easier and everybody knows what I'm refering to.

Personally I'm looking forward to some SNK games on the GBA.

But I'm not seeing them releasing anything on XBox, just because it especially isn't popular in Japan. GC just doesn't have the right audience either.

Anyway PS2 will probably get more ports, and GBA will hopefully get more classics

Originally posted by racketboy@Nov 28, 2003 @ 04:50 PM

Personally I'm looking forward to some SNK games on the GBA.

Woah! That would be awesome! I would love a new slug game on GBA! I would even buy the cart to support future releases. GBA is a very good platform for platformers :) I love Metroid Fusion and Castlevania HoD and AoS.

I think it's possible to get a decent NeoGeo emulator for a PDA like Zodiac. If one appears, and reviews are good, I'll go grab one right away :)

After all I love NeoGeo games. I even bought a NeoGeo CD system :)

Originally posted by dhau@Nov 29, 2003 @ 02:21 AM

I think it's possible to get a decent NeoGeo emulator for a PDA like Zodiac. If one appears, and reviews are good, I'll go grab one right away :)

After all I love NeoGeo games. I even bought a NeoGeo CD system :)

Great! That's the kind of support SNK needs!

If you really love SNK, stop emulating, get Neo-Geo CD originals, buy a AES system and get a couple of ROMcarts, just like I did!

I REALLY do not like SNK Vs Capcom Chaos, or any of the KOF series, i wish theyd make more metal slug ownage style stuff, less crappy fighters with crappy gfx and crappy fighting engines

You being bad at KOF games or SVC: Chaos does not mean that those are bad games, it only means that you aren't skilled enough. Don't blame the game, blame your lack of patience and practice.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Nov 29, 2003 @ 06:18 PM

Great! That's the kind of support SNK needs!

If you really love SNK, stop emulating, get Neo-Geo CD originals, buy a AES system and get a couple of ROMcarts, just like I did!

...or go MVS!

tn_neogeo.jpg

:D

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Dec 21, 2003 @ 04:30 PM

You being bad at KOF games or SVC: Chaos does not mean that those are bad games, it only means that you aren't skilled enough. Don't blame the game, blame your lack of patience and practice.

i suck cuz i dont think 2 button infinites are leet, =(

I'd have to agree that the KOF engine post-98 has been little more than rehash after ugly rehash. It's not a bad engine in and of itself, but it's downright clunky compared to something like Garou or SF3.

And the only way to actually help SNK/Playmore is to buy current MVS/AES games and ports, everything else is just helping a reseller. Not that supporting (reasonable) NG resellers is a bad thing, but don't delude yourself into thinking that you're putting food on poor programmers'/artists' tables by buying Metal Slug 2 or Waku Waku 7...

Originally posted by Jurai+Dec 21, 2003 @ 10:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jurai @ Dec 21, 2003 @ 10:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@Dec 21, 2003 @ 04:30 PM

i suck cuz i dont think 2 button infinites are leet, =( [/b][/quote]

No King of Fighters game has two-button infinite combos, don't be such an ignorant.

Oh, and, just because there is a bug in SVC: Chaos, it means that it is a horrible game? That is just stupid. If you cannot keep yourself from performing such cheap and abusive combos against your opponents, that is your problem.

I don't think it makes it a horrible game, but obviously the fewer of those things that slip through playtesting, the better. I agree with you about being able to control yourself, but it still detracts from the game when you challenge some dude at the laundromat and he wipes you out by using an infinite or similar. It's not a huge deal, but I think it's reasonable to count it as a negative.

BTW, I've noticed you like to use 'ignorant' as a noun. That gets points for being unconventional, but 'ignoramus' is so much cooler, don't you agree? ;)

Originally posted by Jurai@Dec 21, 2003 @ 10:48 PM

i suck cuz i dont think 2 button infinites are leet, =(

Ever heard of the Guilty Gear series?

Ever heard of the "Instant Kills"?

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct 30, 2003 @ 07:44 PM

yeah I was wondering if we would ever see a change in Terry.

I'd like to see the gap between the KOF and MOTW filled in.

At least in 2002 you see Rock hanging out with Terry

Heh, how about the gap between Garou and Ryuuko no Ken? If Terry is 20, Robert and Ryo would be in their mid 30s.

Now the time gap is even more fucked up because we have an old Terry and Robert and Ryo are still the same age.

Oh well, at least Robert got new clothes this year. Now if only they'd make a Ryuuko no Ken 3 to show them off in...

Originally posted by ExCyber+Dec 22, 2003 @ 04:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ExCyber @ Dec 22, 2003 @ 04:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> I'd have to agree that the KOF engine post-98 has been little more than rehash after ugly rehash. It's not a bad engine in and of itself, but it's downright clunky compared to something like Garou or SF3. [/b]

I honestly thought the 2002 engine was pretty good. And 99, when it came out, was very good. 2000 and 2001 were very much clunky reshashes though. Hell, 2001 was just broke.

<!--QuoteBegin-it290

What was wrong with the 2001 and 2002 ports? I thought they were fine. If you mean the menus and such when you say they 'looked horrible', then yes, I agree, but they certainly played well and in-game was identical to the Neo version from what I could see. IMHO, 2001 and 2002 were much better ports on the DC than 2000 was (the controls just didn't feel right on that one).[/quote]

They were fucking cheap ports. I'm sorry, but of all the KOF ports EVER, those were the shittiest. One thing KOF ports always had was music. SNK ALWAYS treated its fans to an awesome arranged music. There's been absolutely nothing done to KOF 2000-2002 to improve any aspect of the game in its home console ports. None of the extras we've enjoyed since the dawn of the NeoGeo CD were present whatsoever.

Back