Laptop PC

Ratamahatta

Established Member
Do you guys think that a pentium 100 with 16 megs of ram in good condition is worth $140 CAD? I just want to get one so I can keep up to date and do programming at night when i'm at work on my lunch breaks. Its an NEC Versa 2400 I believe.

If it's working, absolutely. However, I'd suggest checking to see whether or not you can still buy replacement batteries for it...

I got a pic of it.

lap.txt

The cracks I can deal with, and by the looks of the screen she doesnt have the proper resolution set.

Yes, that is th elook of an LCD screen that is designed for 800x600, but is set to 640x480. My Olivetti P90 does exactly the same thing.

Sence my dad runs a PC bussiness, I'd say take it. Also You can fix the screen in the bios... If that dosen't do it, Try windows display properites.

MY topic people! (Rem im the laptop girl who uses her laptop over desktops)

Yea its nice and cute, screen res you can fix easily. Ive seen on old compaqs and dells they did this. You need to edit something and it will fill the screen again, Also study the BIOS and see what you can do. Since its only 16 megs ram try to get a price lower ;) But if you want just for simple fun it should work well. I mean Im happy with my 566 mhz 192 ram. But next weekend or so I get my Sony Viao FX 505 =))))) like ghz, 256 ram, dedicated 8 meg vid card, 32 bit sound card surround, dvd-cdr, Win XP (UGH can wait to kill that one), and more =DD

MY topic people! (Rem im the laptop girl who uses her laptop over desktops)

Yea its nice and cute, screen res you can fix easily. Ive seen on old compaqs and dells they did this. You need to edit something and it will fill the screen again, Also study the BIOS and see what you can do. Since its only 16 megs ram try to get a price lower ;) But if you want just for simple fun it should work well. I mean Im happy with my 566 mhz 192 ram. But next weekend or so I get my Sony Viao FX 505 =))))) like ghz, 256 ram, dedicated 8 meg vid card, 32 bit sound card surround, dvd-cdr, Win XP (UGH can wait to kill that one), and more =DD
Burning CD-Rs on a laptop? That's going to get awfully hot.

I had one of thos laptops in till it blew up oddly
Were you OK after the explosion?

eww 8 meg card i scene a viao with a radeon mobilty ed. nice card play all those nifty 3d games but i noticed that the diff between it and the cyberblade at the store was 400 bucks(cad)

ok i was in the bath room i heard sparking the power supply was was on fire. i went to get the fire extingusher when i heard BOOOM!! the fire must of went up the wire and in to the laptop

(Edited by Mice on Ice at 9:35 pm on April 4, 2002)

Back