List of your favorite quotes

I'll admit that Gundam Wing was by far the worst thing I can recall watching, but I don't like Gundam in general. There was at least one older Gundam that was OK for a while, but they all eventually come down some of the same. I can't watch any of it dubbed, because the only dubs I've seen for it are bad. Although I prefer good subs anyway, because you retain the original meaning better, and even the best dubs can't always do that.

(I swear I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but he was quoting Gundam en masse AGAIN)

why is it they with stretch a battle across like 800 episodes... i literally watched an episode where some punk little kid sat oggling his dad or some shit while his dad would sweat and THINK about his next move to use on some purple shit head floating in the air. NO FIGHTING, just them floating around and the narrator saying shit like "will so and so use thisandthat on soandso"

The story I keep hearing is that the anime guys would keep catching up to Toriyama's manga, and whenever that happened they'd have no new story to work with but still had to produce an episode...

The story I keep hearing is that the anime guys would keep catching up to Toriyama's manga, and whenever that happened they'd have no new story to work with but still had to produce an episode...

"we admit, we are sell out sons a bitches who release an AWFUL tv show because we have to WAIT for further developement by another party. So let us suck your time away and feed you commercials in the time being."

oh and to stay on topic...

"There are no facts, only interpretations." Friedrich Nietzsche

yep im pulling out good ol' Nietzsche, how cliche

yeah it may be good, but is it good enough to blow all my money on several DVD's or set a plan out to be home at a certain time to catch it on cartoonnetwork or whatever channel its on and stick to that plan so I don't miss a show?

Yep.

"You know,it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen"

"then I decided that I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. I kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic"

"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."

"Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of"

"And causing severe brain damage to anyone higher up the evolutionery ladder than a demented bee"

There are lot more great quotes from the hitchhiker's guide to universe, but I most sleep now :p

"Now, the curtain as risen, and it's time for the actors to show their talents." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED PHASE-34: Seen and Unseen

"If you just did nothing, because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing. For nothing would change, and nothing would end." - Kira Yamato, Gundam SEED PHASE-34: Seen and Unseen

"I need to determine for myself whether or not peace at the expense of lives can really be defined as peace." - Wufei Chang, Gundam: Endless Waltz

"And I will become evil itself to find out!" - Wufei Chang, Gundam: Endless Waltz

"Humanity did not change. Although all enemies were defeated, Earth did not change one bit! - Wufei Chang, Gundam: Endless Waltz

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2004-08-03 @ 04:21 PM

ive noticed cloud has a loose concept of what favorite is. He always posts 80 bagillion dillion grenadilion favorites. what ever that number may be.

[post=114491]Quoted post[/post]​

That has become one of my favourites. :rolleyes:

::b.o.w.s.:: Why thank you Mal.

[EDIT] i HATE auto smileys...

"Fighting for peace is like F***ing for virginity!"

"One guy takes a life for vengeance, then someone gets revenge by taking his life. How is that kind of twisted thinking ever going to get peace?!" - Cagalli Yula, Gundam SEED PHASE-31: Grieving Skies

"Given your feelings, do you believe you can still fire at the enemy?" - Captain Isan Ryer, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 8: Duty and Ideals

Cloud: One question; why is it these quotes are your favorite? Is there some deep meaning to them? I am a superficial asshole, but I usually would only register a quote to my memory if either: A; it's a witty comment that matches the topic at that moment, or B; a short and simple phrase that sums up a large topic simply in a few words.

Your two quotes there are neither deep nor do they have anything to do with real people in general. Especially that second quote, what is it saying? It's not saying much, except maybe that you shouldn't fight when you have deep bias feelings for that person because you make take it to far. (i.e. revenge, love, hoopla fuggha bubba)

Quotes from Gundam are as contrived as it's plot!

I just like all those quotes.

Why is it everyone must question that?

I don't "live by them" or any of that nonsense, I just like 'em.

Notice how the topic title is "List of Favorite"?

The INTERCAL programming language was designed the morning of May 26, 1972 by Donald R. Woods and James M. Lyon, at Princeton University. Exactly when in the morning will become apparent in the course of this manual.

INTERCAL's main advantage over other programming languages is its strict simplicity. It has few capabilities, and thus there are few restrictions to be kept in mind. Since it is an exceedingly easy language to learn, one might expect it would be a good language for initiating novice programmers. Perhaps surprising, then, is the fact that it would be more likely to initiate a novice into a search for another line of work.

It is a well-known and oft-demonstrated fact that a person whose work is incomprehensible is held in high esteem. For example, if one were to state that the simplest way to store a value of 65536 in a 32-bit INTERCAL variable is:

DO :1 <- #0$#256

any sensible programmer would say that that was absurd. Since this is indeed the simplest method, the programmer would be made to look foolish in front of his boss, who would of course happened to turn up, as bosses are wont to do. The effect would be no less devastating for the programmer having been correct.

-- The INTERCAL Programming Language Reference Manual, Donald R. Woods & James M. Lyon

Hey, RolfWrenWalsh, I agree with you. Gundam SEED is great. And those quotes are as well. To me, they are the only ones here (together with the Phantasy Star 2 ones) which really are deep.

tacky bullshit story line to force feed down your throat just to get all your money.
No, thats hollywood movies. I have noticed that I cannot watch standard hollywood-movies anymore. The action-movies have become comedies because they are so silly...

I will turn to GOOD movies or novels for an actual inspiring piece of work.
Could you tell us what good movies is?

As for the topic, here are some more neat quotes :

"Koko mo shiranai tenjô da". Shinji Ikari "Neon Genesis Evangelion" (Rough translation : "I cannot remember this roof either".)

"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire. Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)"

"If you aren't remembered, then you never existed. Arisu (Serial Experiments Lain)"

"No one's gonna give you a map.You gotta walk your own path."-Hilda,Outlaw Star

"Don't tell me he wants to conquer the world? Can't he come up with something more original?" -Lina Inverse (Slayers)

"People are like the stars, there are those who are bright and those who are dim." -Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)

"Regret is something that makes you start thinking what you should do to avoid going through all that suffering again."

- Sorata (X)

"So, where is the newborn to go now?" - Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)

Back