looking for a Sega CD

Hrmmm, i remember someone wanting to buy mine last month and it turned out my mom threw them away cause i was storing em' at her house (I had 2 extra model 1's incase mine blew.) But, there is a pawn shop in my area selling i believe a model 2, i could check for you.

whatever happend with the 30 dollar one

i bet the one at the pawn shop after shipping and everything will be more.

Originally posted by link343@Aug 31, 2004 @ 10:12 PM

ok. The Sega CD I was talking about is here

:eek:mg: :drool:

Look at those prices! Goddamn!

Depending on shipping costs, this could become my new favorite game store, alongside my longtime favorite GOAT Store.

Thanks for the find Link!

:thumbs-up:

I sent the guy an email:

Hello.

I just found your site, and I'm amazed at the prices.  However, I'm unable to find any prices on shipping, and payment options.  What exactly are the shipping prices, and what are the shipping options?  Also, what payment options are available?  Paypal? Money Order? Credit Card?  Perhaps you could add these details to the site, as it'd help quite a bit I'm sure.

Also, you ever plan on changing from an email system to the "standard system"?  That being, put items in cart, checkout, input payment options, shipping options, etc.

How exactly does the email system work with you guys?

Hopefully you can answer my questions.

Thanks!

And I got this reply:

I've been considering putting that info at the front because I get this question quite a bit.  All of the s/h charges are determined when someone goes through the shopping cart process.  When you go check out your cart you can choose what shipping option you want and what form of payment you'd like to pay we. It emails me the order and I figure out the s/h charges after boxing up the items, weighing it and going to usps.com to determine shipping costs. Then I email back with the totals and instructions.  We accept check, money order and paypal.  I've considered the "standard system", but that would mean the s/h charges would have to be determined during the process, which would mean we would have to weigh every item and get that in the total then get the same system that USPS uses to figure out what the charges would be depending on where the order is going (US or overseas).  On paypal orders it would be automatic and also would update the inventory automatically, but there's no guarantee that check/money order people would pay up and then I would have to put things back in inventory again. 

Hope to have answered your questions.

-Chris from Vintage Fun World.

Say hello to my new favorite gaming store!

:)

So did I, but then after weeks of searching everywhere, I eventually gave in, and decided to buy my Model 2 from Ice.

OOOOOH dude i so wish my step mom didnt throw my damn sega cd's out. Those fuckers go for alot of money online. DAMN IT ALL. And of course get the model 1.

The model 2 genesis has a cheap power connector. All the model 2's I've found have the power adapter plug really loose, and you've got to fiddle with it to get the unit to turn on. Don't have that problem with model 1's. Also, model 1's have stereo headphone plug-in in the front.

The downside to model 1's is that the headphone jack is the only way to get stereo (outside of a mod), while with model 2's you can get a stereo A/V cable (wasn't included by default though which is dumb). But if you got a SegaCD, you can just use the stereo RCA audio out from that anyway, so it doesn't matter which genny you have. I also have a problem with the audio from model 2 gennies, I think I'll post about that in the genesis forum.

If the smaller size is important to you, then you might as well look for a CDX. Or a genny3 (which are suprisingly cheap, considering that they were never sold in Minnesota so I never even knew they existed until I saw one at a used game store in Illinois. It's amazing what never makes it to the shelves of the north country).

JMT.

Back