Mac vs. PC thread

Yeah, Mac gamers do seem to get seriously screwed sometimes. Especially considering it's a great platform for games (much less variation between systems). It's amazing that the Linux version of Neverwinter Nights managed to come out before the Mac version.. maybe that would change if Apple started to include slightly more powerful video hardware with their new machines (they could certainly afford to do so).

Anyway, back on topic, anyone used 10.3 yet? It's pretty sweet, definitely a nice improvement over 10.2.. I really like that 'clean up windows' feature. Now if only Enlightenment DR17 final would come out, I could go back to using that feature on my main machine...

Panther is really nice. They did a lot of optimization to the GUI code. Things that seemed sluggish before on the Powerbook G3 at work in Jaguar now are quite snappy.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Nov 9, 2003 @ 06:07 PM

I keep forgetting how great the mac version of Half-life wa.... oh sorry there was no mac version of one of the best selling games of all time, my bad.

Half-Life is overrated. It's a great game yes, but overrated. Valve was close to finishing the Mac version, but then they scrapped it, because they felt there wasn't a market for it. The same reason why Sierra refused to publish the DC version (which got finished, just not published). It's utter bullshit. Chances are that Valve would've made A LOT more money on HL, had they ported it to Mac.

One good thing came from Mac not coming to HL. We don't have to deal with that overrated trash known as Counter-Strike. Day of Defeat, and FireArms OWN CS.

Did you just say "My bad?" Oh god..... <_< <_< <_< :smash :damn: :puke:

Back