Magic Knight Rayearth UJ Final Version [Region Free]

As much as I would like a full undub version of Rayearth, there is something very wrong with this undub;

This game is one of the few games of this era to feature full lipsync, meaning the lips of each characters are in sync with the audio.
And Working Designs did a great job, because they fully resynced the lips when doing the english dubs!

But now with this undub version, the lipsync is still on the english audio, with japanese sound, so it's completely off.
Once you notice it, it totally ruins the experience... :confused:

Hi there!
Thank you so much for this new upload!

I'm guessing if somebody of you can fix the japanese dialog for every speech line of characters.
As we know, unfotunately, the dialog in USA version is incomplete, dubbing only the intro and few cutscenes.
But, as you can see in this Japanese original video, the JAP DUB is complete for every dialog!

So, if somebody of you is good to analyze the bin / cue file we could proceed in these 2 ways:

1) Modify the scripts in the cue file in order to link all the japanese dialog (theorically);
2) If the "translator of UJ is still active" he could, instead, modify the JAP version and not the USA version, proceeding in the opposite, I mean, he could use the original Japanese dialog and change the japanese writings with english ones of the USA version.

In fact, what I understood, the translator did vice versa: changing the original USA file and adding the Japanese dialog but, unfortunately, is not in all dialogs but only in the intro, like the USA english dialog!

Can somebody help me to find a way to have the complete japanese DUB dialog with english writings? thanks!

Alessio, the original hacker is MIA.
Maybe it's "easier" to just hack the JP version to do a proper undub since it seems to be too much work to lip sync and enable the rest of the japanese audio on the usa release. Would need a passionate person to do this because at the end of the day it's still a localized jrpg and whe have many jp only games in need of a translation.

Alessio, the original hacker is MIA.
Maybe it's "easier" to just hack the JP version to do a proper undub since it seems to be too much work to lip sync and enable the rest of the japanese audio on the usa release. Would need a passionate person to do this because at the end of the day it's still a localized jrpg and whe have many jp only games in need of a translation.
Thank you Ardiloso for reply and thanks to MIA for this wonderful job!
Unfortunately I have no confidence with this type of hacking but I could do every test is needed.
If MIA has already hacked the JAP version to take the dialog from there or she can "open" it has she did with the USA version should be really nice!
I can undestand it's difficult because maybe there's so much work to do and few people available, even to prioritize other jap translations.

But Maybe to "copy paste" USA files for texts to Japanese version in order to keep the original whole jap dub should be perfect!

Please let me know if I can help somehow and if there are other people interested and could help, thanks!

Thank you Ardiloso for reply and thanks to MIA for this wonderful job!
Unfortunately I have no confidence with this type of hacking but I could do every test is needed.
If MIA has already hacked the JAP version to take the dialog from there or she can "open" it has she did with the USA version should be really nice!
I can undestand it's difficult because maybe there's so much work to do and few people available, even to prioritize other jap translations.

But Maybe to "copy paste" USA files for texts to Japanese version in order to keep the original whole jap dub should be perfect!

Please let me know if I can help somehow and if there are other people interested and could help, thanks!

"MIA" is an acronym that means "missing in action." In other words, we don't know where the hacker is. They're not active right now.

^
This. I feel sorry for using this acronym.:laugh:
To undub this game it would take someone with your enthusiasm and many hacking skills to do it. If Ms Tea wasn't drowning in Lunar translations we could maybe bully her into looking at this, but no chance.

Given the liberties WD took with the localisation, I think a retranslation of the JP version would make sense.

Back