Mavel super heroes anyone?

I have the original japanese version and the gameplay is totally very slow even when I add the 4MB cart. Does anyone have this problem too?

I was wondering if the US version has also a slow gameplay.

I almost wanted to get the original US version as my jap version is too slow in gameplay. Not trilled enough... Why does sega wants to release such a slow game. hm..

Originally posted by ryroidu@May 19 2002,09:16

I almost wanted to get the original US version as my jap version is too slow in gameplay. Not trilled enough...Why does sega wants to release such a slow game. hm..

It's slow because it's not using the potential of a RAM cart like MSH Vs. SF does.

I guess the reason why it's released is the same reason why X-Men Vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter were released for the Playstation. That is, to fill in the void.

I don't get you guys. I play mine with an official 1MB RAM cartridge and the game is fast as hell. I've seen in Saturn Power that the specific game doesn't support 4MB RAM cart but only 1MB. Yeah I know that it's kinda odd but that was written.

Then that explains it, I don't have an official 1MB RAM cartridge. Plus, I have the U.S. version and I don't think any U.S. Saturn games utilize RAM cart.

Almost all 1MB cart games can use the 4MB cart. Some just experience graphical glitching (Metal Slug, KOF96, and other early 1MB cart games. KOF97 an on works fine).

Plug the cart, boot the game, and get into the options. If an option "3MB Mode" shows up, the cart is suported.

Turning it on will add more animation frames to the characters. Just watch Captain America and Iron Man. The animation gets much better, BUT, the speed doesn't increase much.

But, if you plug the cart, and turn off the 3MB Mode, the game will speed up.

I thought the Saturn version of MSH was really good, and accurate as a conversion because the coin-op wasn't blindingly fast. Either way it's vastly superior conversion, even without the cart than the piss-poor PSX port.
smile.gif

WHen this game got released for the Saturn, I wish it was made with the 4mb cart addon.....as the conversion would of been even better.

Back