Mega CD 2 questions

Hi guys I love the forum got some good hints how to burn the iso's and stuff.

I have one problem though I burned sonic and all is well I converted it with scdconv thing from us to euro pal.

It plays good quite nice :), but when it does fmv's the sounds skips and shit like that any sugesstions.

One more problem I'm having is Brutal Paws of fury it's a bin and cue already and when I convert it to pal and convert the mp3's to wav it says invaild on the sega cue creator thing.

Says it must be a iso.

So I thought ok I'll try that new convscd102 and tryed that, it worked np.

When I went to boot it in the mega cd 2 it come up with the boot screen and I could press start and sonic would do his thing, then it went back to the boot screen and kept doing that.

so I was wondering what metord could I do for the bin and cue of brutal?

Also last questions lol, love the mega cd got it today, it beats the emulators any day :)

when I'm converting mp3 to wav do I tick the produce raw audio or just leave it like I do?

thx for reading

Josh

1. we have a CD burning forum.

for #2, BIN/Cue is an exact copy of the CD, whereas ISO image sometimes truncates a small part of the CD data. find a program that can Burn Bin/cie images, like nero.

for sonic, i would guess the fmv's are off because of 50 hz/60 hz difference in the pal and ntsc standars. if it's not that, a poor burn is the other likely problem.

for brutal, when sega cue maker says it wants an iso, it means it's looking for a file with a .iso extension. an iso does not truncate part of the "data," and iso is just the data for a single track where a bin from bin/cue set is the data for all tracks in one file. how are you getting mp3's with a bin/cue? all the audio should be in the bin.

to convert a bin/cue, you should rip all the tracks to individual files. rip the data as a mode1/2048 iso and do the conversion on that. rip all the audio tracks as standard cd audio. raw means there won't be a wave header on the audio track. i would recommend against using raw mode. use cue maker to set up a cue for all the files and you should be good to go. i'm assuming you don't care about absolute integrity here so this will be good enough.

what program are you using for burning? games burned with blindwrite will load the game and show the sega image, but will reset to the bios loading screen.

http://segacd.org

Originally posted by King M@Dec 9, 2003 @ 09:35 PM

for sonic, i would guess the fmv's are off because of 50 hz/60 hz difference in the pal and ntsc standars. if it's not that, a poor burn is the other likely problem.

or a poor rip

someone should move this thread to the cd tech forum

Sonic CD doesn't use audio tracks during the FMV sequences as it's spooling video off the CD at the same time. Your problems are the result of PAL/NTSC timing differences. The only solution is to acquire the PAL version of the game.

If you do mod, make sure you've got a CDX or 32x or a Sega av cable/converter...Otherwise you'll end up with the wonders of black and white. :lol:

Skipping video usually indicates that the game was burnt at too high a speed. For the Mega CD I wouldn't burn any faster than 8x.

Back