Memory Cartridge from Lik-Sang destroyed my Saturn

Well i bought a Save cartridge not official from Lik-Sang..i placed it on my Saturn and when i powered in my baby on ready to back-up my Radiant Silvergun saves files..then the saturn crashed in the Sega Saturn Logo screen..the time where the saturn letters appears..with a looping sound..so i powered off..i placed the cartridge more carefully but it crashed again..

I throw the damn cart away..and i power on my baby without the damn cart but it happens again..it crashed at the same point!Oh god!Why?!!!

Here in Greece Saturns are so rare!

Well i battle a little with the cart connectors in my saturn and now sometimes it loads ok but sometimes the crash happens..

What to do to avoid that stupid crash..i know its something faulty in the cart connectors base that stupid cart destroyed!If i never placed that damn cart!

Its a Model 2 Saturn modded..

Thanks for your time..

Some 3rd party carts have a PCB that's just too thick for the Saturn's cart slot. My brother had an AR+ that was like that and it killed his cart slot.

Return the cart and see if you can get another one.

Perhaps try to get an official memory cart. If you're lucky you may be able to retrieve your saves before the cart slot dies completely.

i think that the cart slot is already dead..so is there a way to fix that crash-problem that happens 60%..if i remove completely the cart-slot-base?And mal i can't return the damn cart..we have stupid importing/exporting laws that will cost me..

i can't believe it..i have 2 bad experiences with faulty saturn cartridges..an Action Replay + and now that 3rd party Cart save..

Its a pitty that there arent better procuded 3rd partycartridges out there as most of them seem to have thick boards or unsanded mean they are sharp and pull the cartridge apart. Sometimes you can fix this problem by opening the saturn and clean cartridge slot. I only wish sega had of gone a different way as cartridge slots dont seem to be the saturns strong point. Model 2 saturn seems to have a slightly improved cartridge port e.g. it holds the cartridge in place better but they used chip tin instead of gold for the cartridge contacts for all the saturns cartridge ports.

Im trying all DAY to play Panzer dragoon saga..and im getting random freezing problems,and i have to reset it without saving before!:(

My copy came from a ISO/MP3 package,i've heard some ISO/MP3 generated copies give freezing problems..is it true?

Or my faulty cart slot gives me the freezing problems..the game freeze more frequently in battle loading screens but in-game too..

Can i remove completely the cart slot avoiding all these problems?

BTW the random problem of crashing in Saturn logo screen still remain.

Can i get rid of the cart slot base unit and the saturn work ok wihout it?

Well, I would guess that some of the pins in the slot have crossed and shorted out. If I were you I would take a good look at them with a flashlight, maybe also a magnifying glass. If you don't see anything, I suppose you may as well try taking the whole thing off. I doubt that anyone has ever tried that before, so I don't think you can get a definitive answer about whether or not your system will still work afterwards unless you try it yourself.

The only way that you're going to safely remove the cart slot is by de-soldering it. Yup, every single pin.

Ok mission complete..

i COMPLETELY destroy my baby!Saturn is dead,i removed the cart slot,but the saturn's power light is off and im hearing only a sound..

Its oficially dead now,i must buy a new saturn!

I'll tell ya one thing about these carts. A few years ago, I was selling various accessories, games, systems, on ebay, at the local market, and on the web.. These carts are thing that we sold, and I had to test every single one of them before selling them. After buying around 50 of them, somewhere around 15 and 20% of them didn't work at all. Some weren't even complete, missing parallel ports, etc..

The return shipping was too expensive, and they were just a pain. So, we quit selling them..

seeing loose official backup memory carts on Yahoo Japan going for 300-500 yen it's quite tempting to get number of them and sell at $15 a piece... - $7 per cart plus S/H and of coz bit of profit :p heh...

cheers

I'm sorry to hear about your Saturn, Konami X68. Good luck finding a new one.

I suppose I should say, though, that I bought an AR 4n1+ when I first got my Saturn over a year ago, and it hasn't given me even a little bit of trouble. It probably has stretched the pins in the cart port, however. That is why, as far as I'm concerned, that cart will be permanently attached to my Saturn until the day it dies. I wonder if I can take the casing off without removing the cart...

when I got my EMS ARP4-1 I opened the bugger and piled away the connector edge and basically rounded up the darn thing so no sharp edge... so far haven't given me any problem although now I modified one of my Saturn with the country switch it's sitting in the parts bin with other dozen memory carts...

Originally posted by SamIAm@Tue, 2004-11-30 @ 11:44 AM

I wonder if I can take the casing off without removing the cart...

[post=124681]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd like to see you try. ;)

Great news!

I found a new model 2 Pal Saturn,COMPLETELY NEW!Unopened!

For 80 euro..i don't care its new!:)

I'll go and get it in 3 hours together with Panzer Dragoon Orta for XBOX..

A good day for me,i think...and a lucky one finding a new saturn!

Back