Mod chip problem.

C

Cat_herder

Hello all. I have a problem installing my mod chip on a 32-pin US Sega Saturn. Everything is plugged in and soldered. I soldered the signal wire to the 14th pin. The system will boot original cds no problem but when i try a backup it says -Game disc unsuitable for this system- it'll play all the music files. SO could it be the way i burned the cd image or could it be a wire that doesn't have a good connection. ANY help will be most appreciated!

:D :D HELLO ALL! I figured out the problem shoulda read the forums :D :D

Yeah, if original games are still booting, the chip should be working properly.

It sounds like its an issue with the game disc you are using

dj898 has hit it the nail on the head.

If your Saturn gives the message "Game disc unsuitable for this system" it means the Saturn is recognizing the CDR as a valid game disc, it's just that it's from the wrong region.

-Hang on... I now see that you've worked out the problem. :thumbs-up:

it's common mistake as on saturn mod chip does not bypass the region checking unlike other consoles...

people often assume getting the mod chip will allow saturn to play any region as well as cd-r rips... :p

Originally posted by dj898@Fri, 2005-06-10 @ 02:24 AM

it's common mistake as on saturn mod chip does not bypass the region checking unlike other consoles...

people often assume getting the mod chip will allow saturn to play any region as well as cd-r rips... :p
[post=135162]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, a broken mod chip can result in this error. At one point I had modded my Saturn and played for 4 weeks just fine using my mod chip. One day the thing fried out when I was monkeying around inside. From that point on all discs given the machine, even audio CDs, generated that error.

My first guess was one of the wires in my regional toggle must have somehow ended up pinched or disconnected. That guess was wrong. The only way to fix this error was complete removal of the mod chip.

Since then I have been swapping (2 years now) because I can't find anywhere seling the cheaps for a reasonable price anymore :unsure:

Originally posted by mal@Sat, 2005-06-04 @ 11:37 AM

dj898 has hit it the nail on the head.

If your Saturn gives the message "Game disc unsuitable for this system" it means the Saturn is recognizing the CDR as a valid game disc, it's just that it's from the wrong region.

-Hang on... I now see that you've worked out the problem. :thumbs-up:

[post=134931]Quoted post[/post]​

thats not true at all. on my piece of crap 64/21 pin saturn it says game disc unsuitable for this system but i get the backups to work fine with swap method, so that has def nothing to do with it.

You're not getting the message confused are you?

"Disc unsuitable for this system" will come up if there's a problem with the Saturn recognizing the CDR as a game disc regardless of region. I could see that coming up if there's a problem with a mod.

well right there you are sayin that the reason is because of the region. i just pointed out what you said. i'm not confused at all, just reading what you wrote. sorry if you are confused.

a while ago i tried to mod my system which is the 64/21 pin saturn, but all i get is "disc unsuitable for this system" with 0019 set and then i get audio when i have it set to 0014. u think maybe my mod is messed up and i should try another mod. what other places can i buy a saturn mod besides jandaman.com and racketboy????

I tried the chips I have on a 64 pin Saturn with no luck, all backups were recognized as audio Discs.

As I have stated before Im begining to wonder if not all 64 pin Saturns are created equally.

rivlez, I'm talking about two different error messages.

"Game disc unsuitable for this system" means the Saturn is recognizing the CDR as a valid game disc, it's just that it's from the wrong region.

"Disc unsuitable for this system" will come up if there's a problem with the Saturn recognizing the CDR as a game disc regardless of region.

Notice the difference?

Originally posted by mal@Wed, 2005-07-06 @ 01:27 PM

rivlez, I'm talking about two different error messages.

"Game disc unsuitable for this system" means the Saturn is recognizing the CDR as a valid game disc, it's just that it's from the wrong region.

"Disc unsuitable for this system" will come up if there's a problem with the Saturn recognizing the CDR as a game disc regardless of region.

Notice the difference?

[post=136410]Quoted post[/post]​

i get the second error on my saturn, u think maybe the modchip i have is broken possibly or try different media. i'm using memorex media and some games work and some dont' with swap but none work with modchip.

Back