Modded Sega Saturn Package

Dud

Established Member
-SOLD-

Sega Saturn Model 2

Modified: Modboard Installed, 3-Region Switchless Mod, and Blue LED added (Mods done by AMurderofCrows)

How to Activate the 3 Regions:

**Important--the OPEN button is now part of the circuitry. The CD lid must be closed when you press POWER**

Japan: Insert disc, close the lid and press POWER.

US/Canada: Insert disc, close the lid and press POWER. Hold RESET for 1-2 seconds.

Europe: Insert disc, close the lid and press POWER. Press OPEN. Hold RESET for 1-2 seconds; as you release the RESET button, close the lid.

~In Mint Condition

Bundled Accessories:

•“Model 2 Controller” by Sega

Model #MK-80116, no box, in mint condition

•3D Controller by Sega

Model #MK-80117, no box, in good condition

•Virtua Stick by Sega

Model #MK-80112, no box, in good condition

•Saturn/Playstation Virtual Gun by Nuby

No box, in mint condition

Cables & Adapters

•Sega brand AC Adapter

•3rd Party Stereo A/V Cable

Sega Saturn Software-Japan:

House of the Dead

Virtua Fighter

Asking price:

$50.00

free shipping within the USA

ask about international shipping

DSCN2427.jpg

waitaminnit...

You can't afford software? What do you mean? If it has a board in it, you can play burned games, no?

that's a great saturn man, and I bet it looks wicked with that Blue LED.

You should keep it!

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Sun, 2005-04-03 @ 01:24 PM

waitaminnit...

You can't afford software? What do you mean? If it has a board in it, you can play burned games, no?

that's a great saturn man, and I bet it looks wicked with that Blue LED.

You should keep it!

[post=132496]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't like burned games. I need complete games because the packaging and artwork is what entices me to play. Yes I could play burned games, in fact I used to have 130 burned games, but I never played them because it is something psychological with silvery CD-Rs that makes games less exciting to play for me. I'm kind of a strange guy...

Anyway, I know for a fact that someone here will get more use out of it than I, and they can bootleg games to their heart's content. :banana

I'll take this, for sure. It does play cdr backups, no? Not to sound like a crappy pirate, just a question.

Here's my email: timothyyorek@yahoo.com

Please email with with details. And would a money order be ok?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Dud@Sun, 2005-04-03 @ 07:29 PM

I don't like burned games. I need complete games because the packaging and artwork is what entices me to play. Yes I could play burned games, in fact I used to have 130 burned games, but I never played them because it is something psychological with silvery CD-Rs that makes games less exciting to play for me. I'm kind of a strange guy...

Anyway, I know for a fact that someone here will get more use out of it than I, and they can bootleg games to their heart's content. :banana

[post=132497]Quoted post[/post]​

No no.. that's understandable. =) Your sale makes sense now, but at first I was like 'wtf?'

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Mon, 2005-04-04 @ 11:53 AM

No no.. that's understandable. =) Your sale makes sense now, but at first I was like 'wtf?'

[post=132516]Quoted post[/post]​

It also raises some moral issues, with the Saturn it doesn't really matter but other platforms I want to support the game companies. I used to have lots of bootlegs on current consoles, but I got rid of those too and replaced them with originals when I had spare cash. I have some PC bootlegs laying around too, never got around to getting rid of those... I probably should now that I am on the anti-piracy bandwagon...

Aurora, where you go? You've been MIA for a week... I'm going to have to update the status of this item as:

STILL AVAILABLE

Added pictures to the main post. Pardon the quality of them, I have no idea how the flash on my camera works.

how much of a pain is it to use that particular region modding if you want to play US/Can games? it sounds like it may be kind of a hassle.

Originally posted by aaron@Sun, 2005-04-10 @ 09:30 PM

how much of a pain is it to use that particular region modding if you want to play US/Can games? it sounds like it may be kind of a hassle.

[post=132760]Quoted post[/post]​

It depends on if you call powering up and holding reset for a second before you play a hassle. This particular setup is a little akward for Europeon games, but I would not say it is a hassle to boot up US games. These mods were designed for me, someone who primarily plays Japanese games, but it is still very easy to play US games.

For everyone else interested. I assume you are looking for modded saturns to play cd-r games. If so just set the region of your ISO to Japan when using this Saturn to make things easiest on you.

well honestly i'm just looking for something that will play european and japanese games (official games) that doesn't need an action replay. other than that i'm cool. i don't really like cd-r games much anymore.

Originally posted by aaron@Mon, 2005-04-11 @ 01:07 PM

well honestly i'm just looking for something that will play european and japanese games (official games) that doesn't need an action replay. other than that i'm cool. i don't really like cd-r games much anymore.

[post=132773]Quoted post[/post]​

Well then this package is for you! :rockin:

It may seem slightly inconvenient, but the guy that did these mods convinced me it is better in the long run. He wouldn't do a cheap external toggle switches from Radio Shack--said they tend to fail after a while, but this setup will last indefinitely.

how simple do you think it would be to switch the configurations for US/Canada and Japanese games? the only thing keeping me from buying this is the fact that i primarily play US games over japanese ones, so if i could fairly easily switch that configuration then i would be super ultra interested.

Originally posted by aaron@Tue, 2005-04-12 @ 01:21 PM

how simple do you think it would be to switch the configurations for US/Canada and Japanese games? the only thing keeping me from buying this is the fact that i primarily play US games over japanese ones, so if i could fairly easily switch that configuration then i would be super ultra interested.

[post=132804]Quoted post[/post]​

Unfortunately that is a huge problem. This mod was developed by AMurderofCrows so only he would know how to do that for sure, and I can't get in touch with him. Maybe someone who is skilled with this stuff can figure out what he did and change it, but that is a big maybe.

I'm now offering everything including the two games all for $120. Shipping is free. Someone buy this, I need money. :(

one more quick question:

does it have 50/60Hz switching for PAL/NTSC games? if so, is it already imbedded into the circuitry or is there a switch?

Originally posted by aaron@Mon, 2005-04-18 @ 03:20 PM

one more quick question:

does it have 50/60Hz switching for PAL/NTSC games? if so, is it already imbedded into the circuitry or is there a switch?

[post=132984]Quoted post[/post]​

There was going to be a toggle switch for 50/60Hz but he ran into some problems and it didn't work out. So unfortunately, there is no 50/60Hz switch.

so this means that most PAL games will run larger than the screen, eh? or will flicker or something? basically just won't look right?

hm..........

man this is still tempting.

Back