Muti region Md

Does any one know anything about a muti region md? I saw one on ebay but was out bid (a time ago) It wasnt a modded one it had its box. It was the shape of the md 2 but had purple buttons (on the pad it had a purple start button). :huh

Probably the HK/Asian version as Arakon mentioned. That would explain the English writing as well. Someone asked this on GameFAQs a little while ago and that was the conclusion that was eventually drawn.

Nice handle, BTW.

I had the purple jap Megadrive2 long time ago. Oddly enough some of my jap games that work on my Megadrive doesn't work with my friend's red megadrive2 but my jap megadrive worked with all his PAL games.

As Arakon said, the check is in the game, not the system. The system will run anything that has a valid header/init code, which is the same for all regions. In particular, most older games aren't protected, and some of them even used the mechanism to allow Sega to produce a single worldwide ROM that displays different title screens on different systems (Revenge of Shinobi / Super Shinobi comes to mind, and IIRC Streets of Rage and E-SWAT do this too).

Back