My Sanyo Board

I am planning on trying to find a aug/sept/oct of 96 saturn atm as they are most likely to be 32 pin IC model 2's, but for now as far as I know there are only maybe 5-10 people that have sucessfully modded the 64pin IC with sanyo boards. I was wondering if anyone that has modded a sanyo board could post what they had to do differently than the normal solder direct to ribbon, change chip to 0019, flip board around, etc etc and any combo of those to get it to work as well as what mod board they used.

also since i don't really see any pics of these systems anywhere i took some pictures of mine (not great pics but not THAT bad) http://xbash.info/saturn/

also i was wondering what that little board on the lower left hand of the mobo is that has the 3 wires soldered to it and why it wasn't just made part of the mobo isntead of an extra board

no zooming, the camera is just a pos

anyway looks like i messed something up now as i was in the process of putting it back together so i could sell and have money for another one, and now it doesn't read games, just goes to the audio menu with a green cube in each of the ovals on the side of the screen. i'm assuming this is what it normally looks like, not really sure only booted the system once and played 2 rounds of virtua fighter2 before i cracked it open

EDIT

messed with the 2 ribbon cables and now the cubes are brown and they are bouncing up and down. no longer stationary and green, guess gotta keep messin with them cables

Originally posted by psilocybe@Fri, 2005-02-18 @ 04:14 PM

... as far as I know there are only maybe 5-10 people that have sucessfully modded the 64pin IC with sanyo boards.

[post=129970]Quoted post[/post]​

A Sanyo CD board is not the same as a CD board with the 64 pin IC.

This is what a 64 pin CD board looks like:

[attachmentid=1054]

Attachments

• 64_pin.jpg
    64_pin.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 64_pin.jpg
    64_pin.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 64_pin.jpg
    64_pin.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 186
ah, i just figured the 64pin chip on the mobo was the same IC but in a different location

also forgot i saw that short tutorial on the sanyo board, but the only problem is that it doesn't mention which chip that is, i was planning on getting one of rocketboy's chips.

i guess if anyone knows if his chips will work with the sanyo boards then i'll tear this beast apart and get it in regular working condition again (so it atleast plays originals) and order one of his boards, otherwise i've found 3 saturns with a mfg date of aug/sept/oct 96

well i can't get this xbox to do anything but the bouncing brown cubes now, guess i definately need to buy another system, probably easy to fix, but no matter what i do this isn't wroking out for me

Originally posted by Piratero@Sun, 2005-02-20 @ 01:45 AM

any luck? i have a saturn with a sanyo cd board too. i'm waiting for a new mod board to come in

[post=130062]Quoted post[/post]​

unfortunately no, i can't get it to boot games at all right now, so i didn't order a board

so i could see what version it was of course

and i finished taking it all the way apart so that i could check out the video region jumpers and such so i'd know how to mod that up

this is a japanese saturn, correct? did you try to use an original japanese game? i'm asking obvious questions because the simplest mistake can turn out to be the longest to decypher.

psilocybe, i'm wondering if you could do me a favor: could you take clear pictures of the bottom of your sanyo cd board please?

It's a bit fuzzy but will this do? :/

Attachments

• Sanyo_board.jpg
    Sanyo_board.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Sanyo_board.jpg
    Sanyo_board.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Sanyo_board.jpg
    Sanyo_board.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 108
No, I didn't get any of those.

If you need a better pic I could always try scanning it...

i just need to know where exactly i need to solder to. i have a HST-0019 sega saturn with a sanyo cd board. i was thinking i could try his way of modding the saturn. that would be great if you could! i managed to save a few pics from looking through the internet. but what i really need is the 5th picture! :(

Back