n64....

ok. first of all, i thought of posting this under nintendoxtreme forum, but no one checks it. then i thought of posting under wanted/sale but it does not quite fit there.

anyway, my point...well more of a question...whatever x_x

ive been thinking of purchasing an n64, for the sole purpose of playing 1. paper mario 2. zelda 3. conkers 4. smash bros. ive been holding off this thought for a long time...

so the questions.

1. how much do you think a (working) used/new n64 would cost? gamestop (barnes/nobles) and amazon (toysrus) both have n64 listed for around 79.99 w.one controller and 99.99 with two, but i think that's little overpriced. (and that pikachu-edition n64 is very tempting x_x)

2. do u think it's really worth it?

Firstly... You should have posted this in the NX forum - The more posts, the more people that will check the forum...

Secondly, I strongly suggest you get a N64. All the games you mentioned are absolute classics and definately worth the purchase.

Also there is a pretty decent collection of other really great games on the system, most of which you'll be able to pick up very cheaply at the moment.

I hope this helps... no get you ass back to NX ;)

I picked up a used N64 from Funcoland for $30 (includes all cables and one controller). I also picked up a copy of Goldeneye for the sole purpose of going head-to-head with my friends, and that alone has constituted the price of the system. If you can find one for a decent price, I'd definately recommend you pick one up.

Quote: from Karny on 2:04 am on Jan. 21, 2002[

Secondly, I strongly suggest you get a N64. All the games you mentioned are absolute classics and definately worth the purchase.

Even though I really don't like the N64, I agree with this somewhat; most N64 games are pretty good (even though they are eyesores).

How are N64 games eyesores? They have better graphics than PSX games, except fmv because of the medium that was used.

Well, a PSX vs N64 comparison all depends on what type of grafx you like, and which you don't. For instance, the PSX's games are normaly fairly well designed but with a slightly lower poly-count then on the N64. The N64 on the other hand may have better char models and such then PSX ones, but they also in many cases have a TON of fog.

Personaly, I hate the fog in most N64 games, but then again, thats me. Anyone however that likes the fog raise their hands now.

From what I've heard, N64 models tend to have lower poly counts than PSX models, but more use of antialiasing, Gouraud shading, blurring, texturing, etc. to make the models look better. However, sometimes these effects are overapplied, giving the whole game a blurry or otherwise annoying look.

well i dont intend on purchasing any n64 games that were also on psx. im through with psx. gave it away, along with tony hawk ^_^

Quote: from ExCyber on 9:15 pm on Jan. 22, 2002

However, sometimes these effects are overapplied, giving the whole game a blurry or otherwise annoying look.

Most of the time these effects are overapplied and that is my main problem with N64 graphics, and why I think they're ugly.

N64 used on gamestop.com is 29.99 ( includes all oem equipment, execpt for the box and manual, I assume ) $30 ain't that bad ...

Back