NBA Playoffs.. whats your thoughts.

Shitface

Established Member
Hey, i just finished watching game 4 of the spurs vs. nets. Being from San Antonio, i naturally want SA to win. It was a pretty close game. Who do you want to win the ring? Anyone have any bets riding on it?

Bah, I thought i was a big basketball fan. I think i'm just a horrid LA fan.

I haven't been paying attention to the playoffs since the mavs lost to the spurs in the Western Conference Championship, and i can't get excited about the tremendous fundamentals of Tim Duncan. Sure his bank shots are nice to watch, but that's it really, he's a silent player and he plays with almost no emotion.

The Nets are bleh, I would've rather seen Walker and Pierce, rather than Kidd and Martin (though martin is great to watch)... so maybe i'm not just an LA fan... I think I would've rather seen any other teams besides the two that are there, fundamentals and defense just isn't as exciting as it is in baseball.

Yeah, I'd rather watch the Harlem Globetrotters versus Godzilla. Hmm.... that sounds like an idea for hollywood!

Originally posted by Nadius@Jun 12, 2003 @ 12:05 PM

Yeah, I'd rather watch the Harlem Globetrotters versus Godzilla. Hmm.... that sounds like an idea for hollywood!

laugh.gif
:agree

I really hate that ABC is carrying the Finals (as well as basketball in general). It just seems wrong. If anything, would someone put Bill Walton out of his misery - the man is so damned annoying.

Tim Duncan is a very silent player. They had a picture at ESPN.com of Duncan trying to block a shot of Kobe Bryant - Kobe had a look of extreme concentration - Duncan with his usual stony look.

Hell, even if he lacks emotion I still wish the Sixers had the number 1 draft pick that year. Instead they got Van Horn. Now look where that got them. Speaking of the Sixers, it is going to be a craptastic team on the court next season. The bottom fell out when Brown left - Samuel Dalembert, the future center? Who the hell is he?? The only time I've seen him was a year ago taking practice shots with Alvin Jones before the game. Ach. The curse lives on...

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 13, 2003 @ 04:17 AM

If anything, would someone put Bill Walton out of his misery - the man is so damned annoying.

Throw it down, big fella, throw it down!

I totally agree, even though he makes some of the most sarcastically outrageous statements that makes milk come out your nose, he's gotta go.

Back