NECTARIS!

Who cares if this is a SEGA board, this game is the shizzonit! on the forilla!

I just finished NECTARIS again. The japanese version of Military Madness. I played it through last year and was addicted. I waited long enough to forget the maps and played through again.

The codes for Nectaris are different from the one's for Military Madness (at least the 2nd missions...) Here they are:

1. Revolt

2.icarus

3.cyrano

4.ramsey

5.newton

6.seneca

7.sabine

8.aratus

9.galois

10.darwin

11.pascal

12.halley

13.borman

14.appolo

15.kaiser

16.nector

17.tlover

18.suraci

19.onaryc

20.yesmar

21.notwen

22.acenes

23.enibas

24.sutara

25.siolag

26.niwrad

27.lacsap

28.yellah

29.namrob

30.oloppa

31.resiak

32.rotcen

Now I realized I am truely addicted! I want to check out the Playstation version. Does anyone have it? What's it like?? Other than hard to find...

Also, I have never played the american version. Does anyone have both version? What are the differences other than the codes in the 2nd mission?

You could just get a rom of the Turbo Grafx 16 Military Madness as finding a real hucard isn't easy and do a comparison yourself. I just own the Neo Nectaris PC Engine cd version but I haven't really played it yet.

I am such an idiot! I just figured out that the codes for the second half of Nectaris are just the first half's codes in reverse. How stupid not to figure that out!

Anyway, I am getting the Playstation version in the mail soon... I will now have 4 playstation games compared to my THOUSANDS of Sega titles.
blush.gif

I have been playing the playstation version of the game for a few days.

It maintains the main graphics and music, but it is difficult to adjust to the different controls and pastel backgrounds...

On the good side, there are a million maps.

Bottom line, it sucks. I hate to say it. I really wanted to like it. They adjusted the difficulty levels. For example, the "Giant" tank unit (consisting of one unit of 8 tanks) destroyed my entire army of 14 units. It just marched around the map, as slow as it can be, and destroyed them one by one. Planes and all. Earned full experience and trounced me. What a horrible sense of balance.

I really wanted to like this, but I'd rather play the TG version maps over and over than such a poor effort to improve upon a well balanced game.

Has anyone else tried this version?

I was going to buy the PSX version but never did. Its a good game though. Very comparable to Warsong for the Genesis.

Back