Need help burning with nero...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BrindA17

Website
brinda17.topcities.com
I burned an ISO by itself just fine. Then I tried to burn a bin with a cue sheet and it said i didn't have enough space on the disc. The disc is 700mb and the file was under 600mb. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Settings to tweak? I tried to make a disc with ISO's and music files and it didn't work because i don't think I set it up right. If you could help me out or direct me to a tutorial I'd appreciate it. Thanks

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Website
superakuma5k.homestead.com
Originally posted by BrindA17@May 16 2002,22:01

I burned an ISO by itself just fine. Then I tried to burn a bin with a cue sheet and it said i didn't have enough space on the disc. The disc is 700mb and the file was under 600mb. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Settings to tweak? I tried to make a disc with ISO's and music files and it didn't work because i don't think I set it up right. If you could help me out or direct me to a tutorial I'd appreciate it. Thanks
I take it you mean you've converted a BIN+CUE rip to ISO+WAV using BINChunker or CDmage? And what do you mean by "it didn't work" (i.e., did you get a coaster or did it not let you burn)? How did you set it up? You're supposed to create a cue sheet for the ISO+WAV mixed mode image. You may follow The_Morph's CDRWin tutorial or use Lodger's Cue Maker to create the cue sheet. Lastly, load the cue sheet to burn with Nero as follows:

1. File
  2. Burn Image...
  3. change Files of type to All Files (*.*)
  4. locate and load the cue sheet for the ISO+WAV
  5. select burn speed and burn.

On a side note, you're not dealing with a MODE1+MODE2+audio image, are you?

Also, make sure to convert the country code if necessary before burning.

BrindA17

Website
brinda17.topcities.com
Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+May 16 2002,21:56--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ May 16 2002,21:56)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BrindA17@May 16 2002,22:01

I take it you mean you've converted a BIN+CUE rip to ISO+WAV using BINChunker or CDmage? And what do you mean by "it didn't work" (i.e., did you get a coaster or did it not let you burn)? How did you set it up? You're supposed to create a cue sheet for the ISO+WAV mixed mode image. You may follow The_Morph's CDRWin tutorial or use Lodger's Cue Maker to create the cue sheet. Lastly, load the cue sheet to burn with Nero as follows:

1. File
  2. Burn Image...
  3. change Files of type to All Files (*.*)
  4. locate and load the cue sheet for the ISO+WAV
  5. select burn speed and burn.

On a side note, you're not dealing with a MODE1+MODE2+audio image, are you?

Also, make sure to convert the country code if necessary before burning.[/b][/quote]

What i mean by it didnt work was that after i burned it, it wouldn't play. I tried to make a mix cd and load the iso with the mp3's. I'll try it with the cue sheet like you said.

I still have a problem though. I tried to burn a *.bin with a cue sheet and it said i didn't have enough disc space. but that is ridiculous because the disc i have is 700mb and the file is under 550mb. What's going on here? Is there a setting i should tweak? The games that were "too big" were Vampire Savior and NiGHTS. I tried burning them with too different cdr's(PNY and Memorex) with no luck. I tried using been chunker for the iso, and i tried to get the music files with Audio Grabber but i couldn't figure out how to load the bin/cue. Think you could help me out? I rather be able to burn the bin than have to convert it, but whatever works is what i'll do. Thanks

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Website
superakuma5k.homestead.com
As I feared, NiGHTS is one of those MODE1+MODE2+audio mixed mode images. It's not uncommon that you're having trouble burning it; a lot of other people have trouble with it as well. I have a feeling that it could be a limitation of the CD writer people have. What CD writer do you have? I have a TEAC CD-R58S and burning raw BIN+CUE rips of both NiGHTS games was no problem for me (tested on my modded Saturn and they play fine).

As for converting the BIN+CUE, I'm not sure if BINChunking it to ISO+ISO+WAV would work though, but you may want to give it a try. If you have CD-RW, try burning it on CD-RW first to see if it burns okay. As for Vampire Savior, I can't tell from the top of my head whether it's a MODE1+MODE2+audio game. If it isn't, give BINChunking a try.

BrindA17

Website
brinda17.topcities.com
Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@May 17 2002,12:12

It's the strangest thing. The bin of VampireSavior was 533mb. when i converted it to wavs and iso(thanks for the cdmage link) it was still 533mb. Yet, this time, Nero didn't say i was out of disc space! I am not sure what to think. I tried burning bins with cdrwin and it said my burner rejected the cue. I thought it was a cue problem. Then i tried cues with nero and it worked. Narrowing it down, i'd say my burner(HP Cd-Writer Plus 9100) doesn't accept Bins. Whether the game will work is in question because i am burning it right now. Thanks a lot for your help, the links, etc!