Need help with my modem

I suppose what you could try is disabling one of your com ports (so that you have irq 3 or 4 free), then uninstall your modem, and then reinstall it. This might make it default to one of these irq's...

...I give up with that piece of junk. I will start looking for one hardware modem since external modems are a bit expensive :(

i used to deal with those particular modems up until a year ago, and always found they either constantly caused problems or worked fine, and whatever you did didnt seem to make the slightest bit of difference 90% of the time

the only other option is to take it back to where you got it from and see if they have another branded modem (some systems will be fine with one software modem, and shitty with another)

unless you can find a hardware one of course

i work for an isp (lucky me :(), and if ur looking for a good internal one (or @ least one with good support), go for one with the Lucent (LT) chipset... they is rockin'! :)

btw with the motorolas, they aint too popular 'round here...

Quote: from megametalgreymon on 6:39 pm on Oct. 2, 2001

thats not going to help with it being on irq 9, the correct irq should be 3 or 4, if your not using the com posrts on your machine, disable them, then install your modem, that should make it grab the correct resources

what port is it getting allocated to as well?

Wrong software modems especialy PCI ones do an emlatated com port it can be on any IRQ except reseved ones, it probly would take 3 or 4 if the onboard comm ports where disabled.

I have a Lucent LT marketed by Viking. It's been pretty good for me - esp for the price: $30 w/$25 rebate. Hard to beat $5. :)

Back