NEO GEO POCKET COLOUR

ppl who have visited the geny forum will notice my questions about the Nomad. i have the same interest in the Neo Geo Pocket Colour.

i have noticed on lik-sang that the unit and the games are quite cheap. why is this? how old is the technology? game boy colour equivalant?

who has one are they any good?

Boggles my mind that you don't have one
blink.gif

The graphics are on the level of GBC but the games are based on fun-factor and they rock... It is hard to compare the NGP to Gameboy because NGP is usually 2d backgrounds or landscaping.. NGP uses different kinds of programming than Gameboy products... They are almost opposite.

It is Neo-Geo man I mean come on! Neo-Geo is the best
wink.gif

The best thing about the NGP is the controls and control stick... The control stick is a fully 360 rotatable joystick that feels so good in the hands. You will like it!

Metal Slug 1st and 2nd mission are recommended and SNK Match of the Millenium.

Here are some pics...

METAL_SLUG_1ST_MISSION.gif

kofng.gif

Actually, the joystick is a standard 8 direction stick very similar to the ount used in the NeoGeo CD controllers.

If you had a 360 degree stick, you wouldn't be able to play King of fighters because it would be virtually impossible to find the diagonals used in moves (you'd have a 1:360 chance of hitting them :p).

Just because you can move it in a circle doesn't make it a 360 degree stick.

Originally posted by DBOY@Jun 8, 2003 @ 11:07 PM

If you had a 360 degree stick, you wouldn't be able to play King of fighters because it would be virtually impossible to find the diagonals used in moves (you'd have a 1:360 chance of hitting them :p).

Generally, if you have a circular stick (I refuse to say 360º... they're accurate within minutes these days, not just degrees), a digital game will use ranges to approximate "digital presses".

At my local Game fellas store, they have a whole bunch of neo geo pocket color games and systems. The unit sells for $25 dollors there. I think thats a good price.

SNK vs Capcom, Match of the Milennium, is the best portable fighting game there is. Period. I've been playing it since it came out in late 1999 and I still play it.

Originally posted by DBOY@Jun 12, 2003 @ 07:20 PM

SNK vs Capcom, Match of the Milennium, is the best portable fighting game there is. Period. I've been playing it since it came out in late 1999 and I still play it.

True it is very good, but i have to say there has been one release to match it. Street Fighter Alpha 3 for GBA. That is some portable goodness right there.

Originally posted by SegaSquad+Jun 13, 2003 @ 12:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SegaSquad @ Jun 13, 2003 @ 12:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-DBOY@Jun 12, 2003 @ 07:20 PM

True it is very good, but i have to say there has been one release to match it. Street Fighter Alpha 3 for GBA. That is some portable goodness right there. [/b][/quote]

Yeah I've heard really good things about SFA3 for GBA

but I just can't bring myself to playing a fighter on a handheld -- unless you gave it to me.

I already own like 4 versions of SFA anyway
smile.gif

Originally posted by racketboy+Jun 12, 2003 @ 11:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jun 12, 2003 @ 11:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 13, 2003 @ 12:33 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-DBOY
@Jun 12, 2003 @ 07:20 PM

True it is very good, but i have to say there has been one release to match it. Street Fighter Alpha 3 for GBA. That is some portable goodness right there.

Yeah I've heard really good things about SFA3 for GBA

but I just can't bring myself to playing a fighter on a handheld -- unless you gave it to me.

I already own like 4 versions of SFA anyway
smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

The only thing bad about the GBA version is the controll set up. Gotta push L=A for medium punch and other retarted stuff like that. But once you work your way around that, the game is great if your on trips and stuff. Also Guilty Gear X is good for GBA. Just no replay value for that game.

I hardly ever use medium punch or medium kick in a fighting game ayways. The only thing that is hard about playing SFA3 on the GBA is that little directional pad. I'm sure everybody here is accustomed to playing fighters in the arcade or on home systems, but when you try to play one on the GBA, it gets a lot harder.

Yeah, doing quater circles seems a little tough to pull off on the GBA. Once you get the hang of it though, its not to tough.

Snk Vs Capcom on the NGPC is indeed the best Fighting game on a portable console. Fresh, excellent visuals for the console, funny events, great control and a lot of extras. there are several games that rock for the NGPC, but they are not easy to come by. Anyway, I recommend it to you if you want to try them and are happy with no more releases. It is well worth it.

Originally posted by Shitface@Jun 18, 2003 @ 10:03 PM

Yeah, doing quater circles seems a little tough to pull off on the GBA. Once you get the hang of it though, its not to tough.

considering I feel dirty playing a 2D fighter on my DC with a normal pad, I'll still have to pass.

Official DC arcade stick for me...

racket I have sfa3 for gba, and its nice, actually its better played on the gc player, but you still need an arcade stick, however, as far as a handheld fighter that and kofex, are pretty sweet on the gba, I am currently in the process of getting kof ex2.. so I'll keep you posted.

As far as picking up a NEO pocket, its more than worth it, just to be able to play metal slug on the go is awesome... and the kof aren't that bad, but its a cheap collectable, so I would say go for it.

:cheers

HK bootleg wonders :) Found this one on some online auction site....

Attachments

• game1.jpg
    game1.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 122
  • game1.jpg
    game1.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 120
Back