New Sega Soundtracks Added!

Loads of new soundtracks/music have been uploaded. Here's what we got for this Christmas Day:

Sega Genesis:
  • ToeJam & Earl (Thanks CommanderBubba)
Sega Saturn:
  • WWF In Your House (Thanks Whitesnake)
Sega Misc Music:
  • SEGACON Volume 1 CD2/3 (Thanks Kidderz)
  • SEGACON Volume 2 CD1/2/3 (Thanks Kidderz)
Available in the Sega Soundtracks section as always
smile.gif

Enjoy
bigthumb.gif

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Sat, 2004-12-25 @ 09:57 PM

It doesnt play right if you do not have the mp3pro codec. It is actually HQ VBR

[post=126490]Quoted post[/post]​

oh, its mp3pro. people actually use that crap?

Borisz be gratefull that there is a place that lets you download it for free you ungratefull little prick!

oh sure, I'm a prick, that so owns me. I don't see how as I have a 192k copy since a year. and could get probably any other bunch of mp3s that you have in your archive in higher quality and better tagging.

They're in MP3PRO format to help save bandwidth and space.

I'd prefer them to stay as HQ MP3/OGG's, as the MP3PRO codec seems to interfer with streaming in Winamp. But it's Ice's call.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Mon, 2004-12-27 @ 07:56 AM

Go elsewhere then, your not welcome here anymore.

[post=126546]Quoted post[/post]​

OK then, I guess I said something wrong, so I'll apologize. I'm sorry for being smarter and more connected then you and thus hurting your feelings. there.

Flakvin: if you want the highest bitrate in the lowest size, either use Ogg (for bitrates below 192k) or the Lame --alt-preset / --preset methods (for bitrates around 192k or above). MP3Pro is around the same quality as Ogg, but it's supported by, umm, nobody and nothing AFAIK. At least Ogg has some support out there.

Also, Ogg ties with Lame at 192k, it only beats it at lower bitrates. I heard 48kbps ogg tunes that sounded like an mp3 with a double of that bitrate, but at say, 160k, ogg was only marginally better then Lame, while at 192k both sounded the same.

However, Musepack owns the shit out of all 3 above mentioned codecs, at around ~230kbps it sounds as good as a 320k lame --alt-preset insane mp3. I haven't checked it at lower bitrates, tho I believe it's still better, but not by as much as Musepack was developed for higher bitrates (like how Ogg was developed for lower ones). It's a shame that it lacks support, it's a damn nice format. It can also support 5 channel audio and god knows what else.

There was a blind test at hydrogenaudio for the best codec at the 128k range, lemme dig it up.

Originally posted by Borisz@Tue, 2004-12-28 @ 01:49 AM

OK then, I guess I said something wrong, so I'll apologize. I'm sorry for being smarter and more connected then you and thus hurting your feelings. there.
[post=126549]Quoted post[/post]​

Come on, you can troll better than that!

Have another go and see if you can better it.

I already know about most of the codecs and what not. The problem here is bandwidth. This site takes up nearly 400GB of bandwidth per month.

I apologize for yelling at you like that but I have been getting alot of emails as of late for people demanding that I put up a soundtrack or else. It really gets to you after a while.

Yea, I understand. Still, MP3Pro is one of the stupidest fake codec out there, aside from winamp and a few portables (which I haven't even seen anywhere minus the mp3pro website) nothing supports it. I believe the best choice between quality, size and general support, with size being the biggest issue, would be Ogg, or Musepack if you don't care for general support.

Also, you could try another method for sharing then regular http download if it takes so much load. Or you could only put up a few soundtracks, in high quality, with old ones being removed slowly, like they do it on Slightly Dark.

Unable to download track 16 from vol. 1 cd2, and tracks 13 & 14 from

vol. 2 cd3.

i am using windows 2000, with ie 6 and all service packs and updates, also tried

mozilla firefox with no luck.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Mon, 2004-12-27 @ 05:40 PM

I apologize for yelling at you like that but I have been getting alot of emails as of late for people demanding that I put up a soundtrack or else.

What a bunch of pricks.

:bs

Originally posted by a-dac@Tue, 2004-12-28 @ 02:15 AM

Unable to download track 16 from vol. 1 cd2, and tracks 13 & 14 from

vol. 2 cd3.

i am using windows 2000, with ie 6 and all service packs and updates, also tried

mozilla firefox with no luck.

[post=126581]Quoted post[/post]​

They should work fine now. Thanks for reporting bad links :)

Back