Sega Saturn Patcher

Sega Saturn Patcher Discussion Thread 2021-04-30

Nice that you open this thread! Im trying to use segasaturnpatcher with your patch but it says that to run the app I have to have installed .net core and ask me if I want to install it. What is this? Can I easily uninstall it afterwards? I have no idea from patching, programming or whatsoever.
Btw my game is in iso+cue+mp3. Can I patch it too? O do I have to convert it first? Thanks man
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
.Net Core is the entire framework that it is built on. I would recommend leaving it installed since it is Microsoft's push for unifying all applications into 1 executable.

Although not tested, it should work with cue+iso+mp3. Your output tracks however would be raw audio.
 
Well I installed it from microsoft. But I cant patch it. I procceed so: I open the patcher, click Select saturn game-->CD image. The I select my iso, click in add new patch and load your patch. I click in iso/cue/tracks and build image, it does like 30% of the process and then I get this message (see picture)
 

Attachments

  • Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 35

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
ok, something may be wrong with your cue. If you could send me this image via a link in PM, I can check and see why it is breaking.
 
Trying to use your tool on Linux with wine 6.2. Had to install .NET 5.0 (somehow it seemed to work).

Clicked through to my .bin/.cue image, clicked through to the SSP patch (Grandia) and clicked on "Build image" and was greeted with a popup message:

screenshot_210215_120918.png


Code:
$ cat error.log
   at System.IO.StreamExtensions.ReadBytes(Stream stream
 Int32 count)
   at SaturnPatcher.Index.get_Data()
   at SaturnPatcher.CDTools.GenerateISOFromISO(String filename
 String patchName
 IPBin ipBin
 Boolean IsECC)
   at SaturnPatcher.Views.AlternateMainPage.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<Build_Clicked>b__0()

Are there sources for this tool anywhere to build a command line version of this without all the .NET mess?
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
Trying to use your tool on Linux with wine 6.2. Had to install .NET 5.0 (somehow it seemed to work).

Clicked through to my .bin/.cue image, clicked through to the SSP patch (Grandia) and clicked on "Build image" and was greeted with a popup message:

View attachment 5885

Code:
$ cat error.log
   at System.IO.StreamExtensions.ReadBytes(Stream stream
Int32 count)
   at SaturnPatcher.Index.get_Data()
   at SaturnPatcher.CDTools.GenerateISOFromISO(String filename
String patchName
IPBin ipBin
Boolean IsECC)
   at SaturnPatcher.Views.AlternateMainPage.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<Build_Clicked>b__0()

Are there sources for this tool anywhere to build a command line version of this without all the .NET mess?
no, it is built in C#, there is no getting around .NET. That out of memory issue is a compatibility issue under Wine. I have been working with dibz` to get around this issue.
 
I was just applying the Grandia 0.9.2-RC translation using SSP 1.1.

I think there may be an issue with the SSP region-patching, since the images I created after pressing "Make Region Free" would hang on the Sega logo on startup. When I created an image without pressing "Make Region Free" then it booted just fine.

I was testing the images using Beetle Saturn/libretro. When I experienced the hang there were no errors in the libretro log file. I don't have enough info to know whether the problem is with SSP or with the patch file or the emulator, but if there are any steps I can take to help debug the issue, let me know. I was using a redump image for Grandia.
 
Hi, been trying to use this to patch my backup of Dracula X, however I get 2 errors when trying to patch. The 1st error is "Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source')" and the 2nd error is "Error building ISO: Could not find a part of the path '*path*'. Not sure what the issue could be unless it's my actual .BIN and .CUE files.
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
Hi, been trying to use this to patch my backup of Dracula X, however I get 2 errors when trying to patch. The 1st error is "Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source')" and the 2nd error is "Error building ISO: Could not find a part of the path '*path*'. Not sure what the issue could be unless it's my actual .BIN and .CUE files.
Do you have anything abnormal going on? Abnormal to somebody in the US. Like umlauts in file paths or the name.
 
Do you have anything abnormal going on? Abnormal to somebody in the US. Like umlauts in file paths or the name.
Nothing like that, but it does try to access a file that doesn't exist and folder I'm not familiar with at all (SSImage, which I'm assuming was created by the Patcher). In fact that folder is completely empty when I check it.

EDIT: Downloaded the new version of the Patcher and no longer have this issue.
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
Nothing like that, but it does try to access a file that doesn't exist and folder I'm not familiar with at all (SSImage, which I'm assuming was created by the Patcher). In fact that folder is completely empty when I check it.

EDIT: Downloaded the new version of the Patcher and no longer have this issue.
yes, it creates a temporary folder in your temporary directory that gets filled with the extracted files from the CD. It get's deleted when an error occurs or if the patch was successful, since I do not want to fill your harddrive up with one time use files.
 
Top