Next Console Purchase!

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Dec 26, 2003 @ 05:41 PM

He already GOT a GC.

And third-party memory cards aren't a problem, DEPENDING ON SIZE.

For example, the 64Mb (1,019 block) cards are third-party only and they OWN. I've had an Interact 16x since like a week or two after they appeared (so well over a year), it's over HALF FULL, and not a single file is corrupt. As a matter of fact, it SAVED my Tony Hawk 3 file, once. Woo. They also save about 10x faster than smaller cards (no compression, else it'd take MORE time, not less!). ph33r SD technology.

no he didnt!!!

Originally posted by PUNJABEE+Dec 25, 2003 @ 11:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PUNJABEE @ Dec 25, 2003 @ 11:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ratfish@Dec 26, 2003 @ 06:09 AM

Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Actually, its Panzer Dragoon Orta. Zwei was on the good ol' Saturn.

:cheers [/b][/quote]

I must've subconciously been thinking about Zwei when I wrote that. ;)

I thought it was the best in the series.

While typing, I was also thinking about how Orta has the original Panzer Dragoon in it.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Dec 25, 2003 @ 11:41 PM

And third-party memory cards aren't a problem, DEPENDING ON SIZE.

For example, the 64Mb (1,019 block) cards are third-party only and they OWN. I've had an Interact 16x since like a week or two after they appeared (so well over a year), it's over HALF FULL, and not a single file is corrupt. As a matter of fact, it SAVED my Tony Hawk 3 file, once. Woo. They also save about 10x faster than smaller cards (no compression, else it'd take MORE time, not less!). ph33r SD technology.

:cheers I just got that mem card today :) thanks for the info, I was a tad hesitant going 3rd party (due to the rep of some 3rd party cards of the past) but since it was the same price as the official 251 card, with tons more space, i decided to go for it. Sd cards are amazing... isn't nintendo supposed to release an adaptor for the memory slot?

Wavebirds rule aswell... I'm thinking that I'll end up picking up 4 platinum ones, they are simple and great for multiplayer gaming.

---Ammut

Originally posted by muffinman943+Dec 26, 2003 @ 06:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muffinman943 @ Dec 26, 2003 @ 06:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Tagrineth@Dec 26, 2003 @ 05:41 PM

He already GOT a GC.

no he didnt!!! [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@Dec 26, 2003 @ 04:45 PM

Just got back! Here's what I got:

Platinum GameCube

MadCatz Mem Card (They had no First-Party Mem Cards in-stock )

Metroid Prime

Rogue Squadron II

Wave Race Blue Storm

WWF Wrestlemania XVIII

Total: $186
[/quote]

KAY THANX OWNED.

Yeah, The one I got is uncompressed. It's one of those "Memory Card 59" or whatever Nintendo calls 'em.

Yup, you'll definitely want a new memory card pretty quick then.

I strongly recommend getting a 1019 block 64Mb card (I know Interact and NYKO make them). It's all you will ever need. Hell, I own like 27 or 28 GCN games now and my card is only just over half full... and that includes about 35 TimeSplitters 2 maps, and several Smash Bros.: Melee screenshots, not to mention saves from various rentals and borrowed games that I don't feel like deleting.

And on top of all that, the huge cards are SD based and save INSANELY fast. For example, I didn't even know TimeSplitters 2 *had* Saving... screens until a friend brought his Memory Card 251 over with his profile and a few maps. I was like "WHOA!" when I saw it for the first time...

And actually, very fast saving is better for a memory card... less time transferring data means less time that something could go wrong and corrupt. =)

What about that 64Mb SD thing by Panasonic?

Is that the same thing? I wanted to get one of those with the Gamecube caddy, but the last time I remember looking at it, the price was pretty steep.

i dont think they make them yet.....and go get Zelda and Eternal Darkness! How dare u get a cube and not those 2 games.... ED is real cheap too...like 15 bucks used I believe. but ya, go get those games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this enuf.

It seems like you basically went ahead and did what you were planning to do in the first place... what is the poll for? Anyway, there's no rush to get an Xbox, but when you do I'm sure people around here will have game suggestions - if you care to listen.

Originally posted by ratfish@Dec 27, 2003 @ 12:58 AM

What about that 64Mb SD thing by Panasonic?

Is that the same thing? I wanted to get one of those with the Gamecube caddy, but the last time I remember looking at it, the price was pretty steep.

Yeah, the SD adapter is super expensive. It's better to get a standalone high-capacity card based on SD technology.

Well, I got close to $300 in money this year. :D

$55 of it is going towards RE4 Collector's Edition, and the $228 in my pocket right now is going towards a 'Box.

I'm glad I went with the 'Cube last year as opposed to a 'Box, but now I'm finally getting myself one. :D

Getting up bright and early tomorrow to get one, then spend all day playing Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive 3, and all the other games I get. :D

What have we here? Wait a minute... I thought I killed you ages ago! Mal, Mal, come quick! ZOMBIE THREAD! We're gonna need backup. I'll bring Humor and Wit, you go get Logic and Locktite!

Okay, so I got my Xbox today (I missed the FedEx guy by only TEN FUCKING MINUTES YESTERDAY!) <_< :rant and uh...

Dammit...

It's a newer model, so it won't read ANY CD-Rs AT ALL! Turns out the firmware on the newer Samsung drives was updated to not allow any CD-Rs. So much for my J-Pop and E-Rotic going on there... :( :angry:

But I'm still glad I got a newer model.

Anyway, here are all the games I got.

Halo (Free)

Dead or Alive 3

Project Gotham Racing

NFL Fever 2002

Max Payne (Already got the PS2 version, but the 'Box verison is better)

NBA Inside Drive 2002

WWF Raw

Mech Assault

Jet Set Radio Future/SEga GT

Panzer Dragoon Orta

NFL 2K5

Only Raw, Mech Assault, and 2K5 (2K5 being brand new) are complete. Halo, NBA, and Fever came in cases. All the others were disc only. :( :angry:

Oh and, I also bought P.N. 03 for GameCube as well.

That is one of the best fucking games EVER! I LOVE IT! :cheers

I assume he's talking about the fact that it doesn't read CD-Rs. And I don't believe first generation Xboxes read them either. It doesn't bother me much, as so far I only have two games that support custom soundtracks (GTAIII and Vice City). It was a really nice idea, but very underused.

And the JSRF/Sega GT double pack is for losers. The cool people have JSRF as is. :p

Actually some v1 xbox's read cdr's fine, mine does. I quicksoldered a Xenium to the LPC (filled in from factory) with both the LPC and Dashboard software indicating a 1.0. I used a cdr to update my firmware. I had to since what was loaded was toast for some reason when I got it, so I couldnt do it over the network (hd method).

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Sun, 2005-01-02 @ 04:04 PM

only ones w/ samsung drives will read CDRs. All other will read some form of CDRW or DVD-/+Rs.

[post=126913]Quoted post[/post]​

Mine IS a Samsung drive, it's just a newer model.

Okay, I'm gonna trying a CD-RW on it.

Do I have to close the disc though?

Also, it's been a long time since I've last used an RW, can I still erase it if it's been closed?

I just tried a CD-RW...

And it works! :cheers

Now I just hope I can erase it, since I closed it... :unsure:

I feel like a real idiot, as I'm able to erase it when it's closed.

Heh...

I just feel like a real idiot right now period. :p

Back