Next Star wars release date set . Maybe

Xavier

Mid Boss
Star Wars Episode 3 Release Date (World Entertainment News Network)

The final STAR WARS film will be released to coincide with the 28th anniversary of the first film in the intergalactic series.

Although the date has yet to be confirmed by director GEORGE LUCAS, Hollywood sources claim STAR WARS: EPISODE III will hit screens on 25 May, 2005 - 28 years to the day after STAR WARS hit movie theatres in the US.

The new film will be the final in the six-film series. Work on the as-yet-unnamed movie is due to begin in Australia in January.

(Thats also when Lucas plans on realeasing the dvd's for the first three movies as well.)

Thus bringing to an end a franchise that has been limping painfully after being stabbed repeatedly by mediocre movies. Star Wars fans are just as naive as Sega fans, it seems. Even after the horrendous output by Lucas they for the most part still treat him as god. Kinda similar to the thinking in "I hope Sega releases a new system" thread.

What? Episode 1 may not have been the best movie of all time, but I really liked Ep 2. I found it extremely entertaining, visually appealing and the story was driven forward adequately enough to satisfy my questions till the next one comes out in two more years. What did you want from these movies? I for one am very glad he went forward with the prequel trilogy and even still have hope that he'll go ahead with the final trilogy sometime in the future as well. And I'm not even a Star Wars freak. I just like a good movie, of which Ep 2 was one. Ep 1 not so much, but it certainly wasn't complete crap.
smile.gif

i dont care about dates any more for me lucas fucked up starwars somuch i could care less ( i will see the 3rd one but will probably not like it like the previous 2 )

If they could have gotten somebody better for Anikan in Ep 2 (rumors of Leo DiCaprio) and got rid of Jar Jar, the first 2 could have been so much more enjoyable.

They need to go back to models on wires, smudging vaseline on the lens to make land speeders float, and recruiting no-name B movie actors.

Star Wars really lost something in the jump to hi-tech film making. Similar to how video games lost something in the jump to 3D only. Maybe this is a sign that anything done with 3D imagine software is doomed to be plotless, eye-candy shit.

Either that or it's a sign that I really am I dinosaur and should go back to playing Dark Chambers on my 7800.

And again, what everybody else seems to be missing - Star Wars is going to be nine movies, not six. Episode 3 is NOT the final movie. Episode 9 is. So, after 3, we'll get 7, 8 and 9.

Hrmph. How come nobody but me notices all this misinformation?
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Dec. 09 2002, 3:52 pm

And again, what everybody else seems to be missing - Star Wars is going to be nine movies, not six. Episode 3 is NOT the final movie. Episode 9 is. So, after 3, we'll get 7, 8 and 9.

Hrmph. How come nobody but me notices all this misinformation?
tongue.gif

Actually I noticed it, but I heard the Lucas said he wasn't planning on doing the last 3 since he would want to do all three and not just one or two. But he doesn't think he could finish them all in his lifetime. If anything, hopefully he'll finish the scripts and such and somebody can finish it up
smile.gif

....anyone catch the sceen in episode 6 (near the end...) the jedi's (or whatever) were getting ready to take out the death star (again)...in the background of the ship's hanger, you can see a great big hole, that lead's into space......now are you telling me that they could stand there all day without the worry of being blasted into space via the hole?!?

Force fields my good man, force fields. If ever there is something that couldn't possibly exist it's there because of a force field.

Kinda like the sonic bombs in episode 2 (when obiwan was chasing fett in the asteroids). Cause we all know sound travels in space.
sarcasm.gif

The last thing I heard, was that Lucas was not going to do the epilogue. After episode 3 and the DVD box set, he has other projects to work on. There is the new Indiana Jones film that both he and Spielberg are doing. And he also wants to work on some of the other ideas in his head.

To me, the newer films have been getting progressively better. Ep1 was pure tripe (bad dialogue, horrible acting mediocre plot). Ep2 was a little better, but Anikin was too sleazy for words and the whole thing was very poorly written. Maybe Ep3 will have some of the magic of the original trilogy.

I also heard that Lucas would be calling it quits after this trilogy. His original vision was to make 9, but he changed his mind I guess.

If he really just doesn't want to do the "last 3", that doesn't make for that great of a overall story.

Return of the Jedi just doesn't really make for a good ending for such a saga, does it?

Originally posted by Curtis@Dec. 10 2002, 5:53 pm

To me, the newer films have been getting progressively better. Ep1 was pure tripe (bad dialogue, horrible acting mediocre plot). Ep2 was a little better, but Anikin was too sleazy for words and the whole thing was very poorly written. Maybe Ep3 will have some of the magic of the original trilogy.

I seriously doubt that. Johnathon Hales and Lucas are writing Ep. 3, just like in AOTC. Both are horrible writers. Lucas got away with in Ep. 4 because the film was running on pure camp fumes. After that, new screenwriters and directors took over the project. Irvin Kershner directed Ep. 5 with Lawrence Kasdan (Body Heat) and Leigh Brackett (Rio Bravo) writing; Lucas only gets credit for story, executive producer, and uncredited role of editor (arguably his strongest ability). In Ep. 6, Lucas and Kasdan wrote the screenplay while Richard Marquand (sorta fell off the map after this film...) directed. Note the fact that the most acclaimed of the Star Wars films, Ep. 6 - The Empire Strikes Back, had the least interaction with Lucas. Lucas came up with an imaginative and extremely flexible world in which he could flood with detail and an interesting history, but in execution he falls flat, hard. If anyone's interested in starting a discussion about this, feel free- I'd like to chip in. I'm aware of the potential wrath from Star Wars cultists bring down on people who question god, er I mean George Lucas. But for some reason I'm in a scholarly mood tonight.
cool.gif

Originally posted by tsumake+Dec. 10 2002, 6:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tsumake @ Dec. 10 2002, 6:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Curtis@Dec. 10 2002, 5:53 pm

I seriously doubt that. Johnathon Hales and Lucas are writing Ep. 3, just like in AOTC. Both are horrible writers. Lucas got away with in Ep. 4 because the film was running on pure camp fumes. After that, new screenwriters and directors took over the project. Irvin Kershner directed Ep. 5 with Lawrence Kasdan (Body Heat) and Leigh Brackett (Rio Bravo) writing; Lucas only gets credit for story, executive producer, and uncredited role of editor (arguably his strongest ability). In Ep. 6, Lucas and Kasdan wrote the screenplay while Richard Marquand (sorta fell off the map after this film...) directed. Note the fact that the most acclaimed of the Star Wars films, Ep. 6 - The Empire Strikes Back, had the least interaction with Lucas. Lucas came up with an imaginative and extremely flexible world in which he could flood with detail and an interesting history, but in execution he falls flat, hard. If anyone's interested in starting a discussion about this, feel free- I'd like to chip in. I'm aware of the potential wrath from Star Wars cultists bring down on people who question god, er I mean George Lucas. But for some reason I'm in a scholarly mood tonight.
cool.gif
[/b][/quote]

hmm that's some interesting info.

I did not know that.

Thanks for sharing

I can understand how people may not have liked episode 1, as imo Jar jar did a fantastic job of screwing over the serious element to the Star wars saga. But, episode 2 managed to do some justice to the plot, and the battle sceans were some of the best I have ever seen.

Yeah, but it was two hours before you got to them. And Georgy sure knew how to make them two long hours
smile.gif

lucas is not going to make the last 3

he changed the starwars story from the story of luke and leia to the story of anikin

it would have been so much beter if lucas finished all 9 movies by 1997 like he originaly planed (would have used the better older special effects - and leia would have been young enough) -- man that freking bitch that scrwed up everything (if you guys read his bio or saw the A&E bio you know who im talking about)

if you want to know the jist of what the last 3 movies would have been like you got to read the first three books lucas alowed to be written about starwars by timothy zann - lucas sold him his outlines (now lucas is pissed he did that but that is also another one of his reasons for letting the last 3 movies go )

ep1 sucked ass cuse of the kiddy element ep 2 sucked casue of the horrible diologue (especialy in the romantic scenes) and to me it seemend so much like they created scenes so they could make video games out of them

i would realy hope lawrance kasdan write the dioluge for ep 3 but lucas dose not want that im sure

sorry about the more than my ususal bad grammar and spelling in this one but im in a hurry

I can't STAND it anymore. "Episode 1 sucked." "Too kiddy." "Jar Jar Binks must die." And so on.

If you wanna see something KIDDY (and Star Wars-related), watch The Ewoks: Battle on Endor. (I might've gotten the title slightly wrong, actually, as I really only know the German version of the movie and I just translated the German title back into English.)

As for Jar Jar... he's a goddamn HERO... he talks silly and is clumsy but he has BRAINS and COMPASSION... while I'm not usually one to relate movies and fantasy worlds to things going on in real life, I do feel like a lot of ppl are prejudging Jar Jar just like they would other ppl that are intelligent, charming, etc. but outwardly different (disabled bodies, coordination difficulty)... not every disabled person is a Stephen Hawking, but then, not every good-looking, successful, outgoing yuppie is more than a shallow person. Right?

[end of rant]

I LIKE Jar Jar Binks. Always have. And I'm tired of ppl dissing him solely because "everybody else does it."

Back