nIghts

so i got my copy of nights in the mail today

and the instruction manual is like an inch or 2 longer than a dvd case. how big were those friggin' saturn cases?

wtf am i gonna do? melt 2 cases together using an electric stove or something? on the bright side track 19 is my new video game theme song (replacing tin there from wipeout 3). could sega have picked a more irritating way to localize the last song though?.

Yeah, I didn't quite like the big cases either as they break easily and take up unnecessary room. Only in Japan did Sega use regular size CD jewel cases.

the european cases for saturn were much worse (cardboard mainly, with 2 heavy plastic central bits that help in destroying the card)

id suggest you keep an eye out for a crap saturn game (revolution x for example) and take the case from it

i think i'm gonna *.pdf all my instruction manuals and reduce them to a standard dvd lining size then prin 'em out and stick the origininals in a binder and put them somewhere out of the way to collect dust

back years ago, i converted all my games to regular jewel cases. i still have all of the box art stored in a drawer than(and in bad condition i might add). but i decided to keep the rest of my games in the regular case. like my sonc 3d blast and sfa.

just FYI, I'm pretty sure the Sega CDs (in the US) use the same plastic cases as the Saturn.

I like the JP cases so much better. They usually have cooler cover art too.

Originally posted by racketboy@July 22 2002, 9:40 pm

just FYI, I'm pretty sure the Sega CDs (in the US) use the same plastic cases as the Saturn.

Yeah, they do.

Good point about the cases too, it seems that Europe and the US always get screwed when it comes to cases and/or box art. ???

The Saurn cases were used from the left over sega CD cases sega had made (although the sega CD has no excuse). Even PSX used them at first, buying them from Sega. The size never bothered me really, They're a good size for display, which I do.

Now that Wulff mentions it, I remember seeing a PSX game with one of those humongenous cases, but it was some kind of crappy battle tanks-esque game. (Think Twisted Metal without fast vehicles, real weapons, decent graphics, explosions....) Better yet, think of 2 triangular-shaped polygons ramming each other in the butts and trying to pass for battle bots....Yeah, there we go. Anyway, I suppose the content of the games reciprocates the character of the huge cases.

Originally posted by wulff83@Jul 22, 2002 @ 08:14 PM

The Saurn cases were used from the left over sega CD cases sega had made (although the sega CD has no excuse). Even PSX used them at first, buying them from Sega. The size never bothered me really, They're a good size for display, which I do.

I thought the Sony ones were cardboard?

I passed up buying a Darkstalkers game in the old, big PSX case at Funcoland not too long ago. Don't see too many of those anymore.

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Jul 4, 2004 @ 10:43 AM

Check out my site for the full lowdown on multiplayer gaming with the Saturn link-up cable!

A first on the internet!

[post=110446]Quoted post[/post]​

are you guys complainging about boxes? sorry. i like the sega saturn pal boxes. and i am happy with the choises sega made.

not everything is perfect you know. but you can as someone suggested use dvd cases instead.

Thats what the bitching was about dragonforce... how the instruction manual doesnt fit in a DVD case.

Oh, and if they reused old SCD cases... why the hell are the lil' bits of plastic nubs that hold the cover/lid part onto the base part larger on the Saturn cases then on the SCD cases.

Back