Nintendo success bad for industry says analyst

I love the line about Nintendo consoles shortening the life cycle. Let me see, as I see it, the industry in general has shorter cycles. Nintendo just has realesed more consoles having been in the industry longer.

The only Nintendo console with a short life cycle I can remember is the Gamecube... probably because it got its ass handed to it in that generations war. I am not surprised it hopped out there around the release dates of the 360 and PS3 before it lost any momentum at all.

Am I wrong, or is there other consoles that have short life spans by Nintendo... from what I can tell they let there consoles mature and age too much! (the freakin' virtualboy does NOT count... it just failed miserably and Nintendo yanked it, but did not replace it).

Rough estimates only

NES 11 years

SNES 10 years

N64 6 years

GCN 5 years

GB/GBC 12 years

GBA going on 5 years

DS going on 2 years

I suppose you can say the life cycle is shortening. 11 years vs 5. But how many things last you 10 years these days? Nothing I can think of. Computers and other electronics are "obsolete" within a year usually.

I thought about posting this topic on the two forums and didn't do it on tendoweb. I still use tendoweb but i did a lot of posts with no reply. The new forum is nice and should attract people.

I prefer both forum formats -- Personally I just want to find time to update some icons, as the current ones on Tendoweb confuse me. The colors are too similar.

Back