Official bootdisk useful?

Well here's an idea... I have cable up it to me..your harshest critic :) .....and I'll test it and give a full report to you all, plus upload it to as many ftp's as I can, plus stick it on some http space I have for everyone......how about it..If you do then I doubt anyone will have complaints or suspicions again :)

i can't let public upload files to one group i made but if you join you can upload the files. don't worry public can download the files just not upload any. link(to file section) below.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dm_Nexus/files/

It's the best i can do, still 20mb is good.

This has been going on for a long time now, how long does it take to rip a SMALL CD and upload it to an FTP, HTTP site, or directly sending it to someone?? Sounds like a fake to me...I'll go along with DarkForce on this one by saying, "I hope I'm wrong (and made to look like an idiot, because this IS the holy grail of Saturn cd's...)

get on either direct connect, irc or use icq and send it to someone here if you having problems uploading it to ftp's, so as they can upload it

let us know which option you prefer

or rar it and split it into 5mb chunks and email it

#saturn-isos on dalnet......

there are about 20-40 people there at any given time that would be quite happy to accept it..

Dogbert, the least you can do is release the file to somone on this board...preferably with access faster than 56k/isdn....people have been very very patient with you, and I'm still looking forward to eating my words...I have a BleemCast CD..which i can 1000% gurantee is harder to ripp than any cd out there..I got an ripp(non working , but helpful in the sense it's out for people to take a look at...) in 6 hours from buying it

If you need help with ripping... ICQ me, and I'll guide you step by step...until we have something....a 3-4 year old cd won't have any protection to worry about.....

Either way the challege is set...are you going to go down as

Dogbert..Sega Saturn Boot cd Saviour

or

Dogbert..Sega Xtreme World's lamer Award 2001-2010

? the choice is yours...

Can we lose the attitude, guys? I tried to ftp it last week, as mentioned above, without any joy. I haven't had time to mess about online since then - irc sounds like a good idea, I'll try to pop on tomorrow sometime & pass it on.

I'm not a 'lamer' trying to mess around & claim stuff I don't have. I'm just genuinely a busy person.

OK! Dogbert, I've created an FTP just for you...here is the info...

L/P upload/upload

port:21

There is nothing in the FTP right now so leechers have no reason to log in. If you have any problems feel free to email me. If for any reason you can't get on, re-check this thread, I might have changed the IP address. Looking forward to files.

3rdman

(Edited by 3rdman at 3:07 pm on Sep. 24, 2001)

galvatron, please let us know when its been uploaded to another FTP...I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

EDIT: I'm leaving my computer on...if you can, could you upload it to me?

(Edited by 3rdman at 3:09 pm on Sep. 24, 2001)

well, it's been uploaded...... thanks to dogbert..

what we have is about 10 megs, but it zips into a very small file, only a couple hundred kb's..

anyway, it's no good, probably because of the protection ring on the outside, as usual.. here's a conversation i saw: (with y being the tester)

[1:54pm]«@ x» hi

[1:55pm]«@ y» it doesnt do jack

[1:56pm]«@ x» haha

[1:56pm]«@ y» it cant run by itself (since its a backup), so i have to swap it anyway

[1:56pm]«@ y» and after that, it gets to the black screen that says Sega

[1:56pm]«@ y» and it displays "completed" in the upper left corner

[1:56pm]«@ y» after that it hangs

[1:57pm]«@ y» wtf.

[1:57pm]«@ y» ^_^

[1:57pm]«@ x» change with a copy

[1:57pm]«@ y» i do

[1:57pm]«@ y» but it wont start reading it

[1:57pm]«@ x» hmm

[1:57pm]«@ y» it just sits there

[1:57pm]«@ x» press start?

[1:57pm]«@ y» yup

[1:57pm]«@ x» reset maybe?

[1:57pm]«@ y» and tried a soft reset

[1:57pm]«@ y» and the actual reset button

[1:57pm]«@ y» no dice

[1:57pm]«@ x» do u have a mod chip?

[1:57pm]«@ y» no

[1:57pm]«@ x» installed

[1:58pm]«@ x» well

[1:58pm]«@ x» its weird it loaded up

[1:58pm]«@ y» i disc swapped it thats why it loaded

[1:58pm]«@ y» :D

[1:58pm]«@ x» oh

[1:58pm]«@ x» man

[1:58pm]«@ x» thats lame

[1:58pm]«@ x» hehe

[1:59pm]«@ y» ^_^

[1:59pm]«@ y» maybe it'

[1:59pm]«@ y» ll work with a modded saturn

[1:59pm]«@ y» who knows

...and there it is.. it was fun being an optimist for a while, but inside i wasn't really sure that it would work..

in any case, dogbert, if you're still around, stop by #saturn-isos and msg me.. i have to talk to you..

This doesn't necessarily mean it's useless, just that it can't be used in its current form. If we're lucky, it may utilize a backdoor in the CD controller firmware that could be moved to e.g. an Action Replay type cartridge. Considering the nature of the CD-ROM subsystem in Saturn, that doesn't seem extremely likely, but it's a possibility...

OK! Here's is my initial impression from the ten minitues i've had this.

Since I was using the Swap method I opened up my saturn and removed the tape. With the machine exposed,I get to the SEGA screen. After about 5 seconds the words "COMPLETED" appear on the top, left side. (I used an extra set of hands to hold down the lid tab)

You are then free to open the lid, however no games seem to load. However, the back-ups no longer register as "unsuitable" . The Saturn continues to search for a security strip, but it doesn't say there is an error.

I'm gonna keep messing with it. If it hasn't yet, I'll upload it soon.

It works! Sort of...It'll boot up one game I have. Everything else doesn't seem to wrok. Although the Saturn no longer tells you that it's an invlaid format.

Perhaps the game itself is coded to the paticular boot disk that was given to the developers? I'll go through my collection and see how many actually boot up. Be back later.

How many of the games you tried were Sega games? According to some info earlier in this thread, the third-party disc won't work on Sega discs. The only potential hack that immediately comes to mind is the developer entry in the disc header... IIRC (and I haven't checked lately so this should be verified) it is either SEGA for a Sega-made game, or TP-xx for a third-party game, where xx is the ID code assigned to the developer. Hope this helps.

Back