Official DC arcade sticks

Myname

Established Member
Keep meaning to get around to buying one for Street Fighter III and Capcom vs SNK, think I finally will. They look really well made for console sticks. Mainly just wondering if they're only compatable with D-pad games or if there's any kind of analogue function on them.. So if anyone knows, speak up
smile.gif

There's no analog functionality on the arcade stick, but I'd recommend getting one. It is brilliant for beat em ups and shoot em ups. The layout and quality is identical to Sega's Megalo-50 arcade cabinet.
biggrin.gif

Oh man, I love mine. I am a fighting game freak so the $50 was well worth it. I actually liked the Saturn one, but after I used the DC one, there is no going back. You can't get any better of a arcade joystick.

Like mentioned before, no analog, but still an excellent controller.
smile.gif

I swear by psx pads, but the thing is build damned solid and heavy, and ive seen my friends beat on it plently and still have it work great. wasnt there some issues about it blowing out the fuse on the controller ports though?

Originally posted by SegaSaturnDDR@Aug. 06 2002, 12:08 pm

wasnt there some issues about it blowing out the fuse on the controller ports though?

hmmm never heard about that.

Considering it's a Sega endorsed, I would think i'd be ok.

I've been using mine a lot the last few months with no problems

the arcade stick is like THE most essential piece you can get.

its fucken hell mad anyone that dont have it go get that shit.

Yeah the dc joystick is a real good one. I snagged mine at a Funcoland for an unbelievable price of $19.99 with no signs of wear at all. I also have a MAS stick which I got for 50.00 used from a friend who bought it for 100.00 with tax and shipping.

I tend to like the dc stick better than the mas since the MAS one feels stiff and too heavy for my tastes.

Also the dc stick is more responsive especially for fighters which i primarily use it for.

One of the best sticks ever made.

Kyosuke75

Dc sticks kind of bulky but built like a tank. They also have the arcade feel ya know like just how the joystick moves and feels great for fighters but some limited support, it slips my mind what did work for me. They are really nice for a 4 way arcade battle.

ya an they are good for moddin too. you can use em on comp for mame with minimal effort. or any emu for that matter...

Originally posted by BJammzz@Aug. 12 2002, 6:06 pm

Where can I get a good one new or used besides ebay?

eBay's pretty much your best bet now

They are getting harder to find.

Just keep your eyes out for a decent price.

I got mine for $50 shipped

Originally posted by Supergrom@Aug. 12 2002, 9:39 pm

hehe, the sad part about that is you are paying just as much (if not more) for the controller than you are for the system (if you were to buy one right now)

Oh, but it's worth it!

It's not any more than it's original retail price.

If you are a big fighting fan, it's a must!

Once you use it, there's no going back

noshit

orig retail was $80 i think. well worth it, you can replace the buttons/stick if you wanted. its a good box an has just the right weight for a stick, you can put weights inside it if u wanted too. but once you get another pcb in there an another cord for usin on comp then its perfect

Originally posted by Supergrom@Aug. 13 2002, 2:55 pm

well, im cheap, and i saw some other ones. is it worth it to buy the twin arcade joysticks for $40 + shipping? or how about the topmax enforcer, looks like i can get that one for $10 plus shipping. the official agetec ones are going for $60 and more, and im really not interested in spending that much.

I'm a cheapskate too.

I tried buying a $20 joystick first. It was "ok", but it was noisy and the feel wasn't right. It got to the point where it almost discouraged me from playing fighting games.

Then I read really good reviews about the "official" agetec stick. So I figured I'd hunt one done for a decent price on eBay.

You might have to pay $60 for one if you bid on the first one you see, but if you watch the listing for a while you might find a good deal. Like I said earlier, I got mine on eBay for $50 shipped. Not bad at all.

They are great - I've been beating mine up since the first came out & it still works great.

I also have a saturn-DC adaptor thing so I can use my saturn arcade stick on the DC (works fine, but I prefer the DC arcade controller)

Originally posted by BvP@Aug. 21 2002, 5:17 pm

I also have a saturn-DC adaptor thing so I can use my saturn arcade stick on the DC (works fine, but I prefer the DC arcade controller)

Yup -- same here

on the "fuse" issue of the arcade stick,

I experienced it!

never connect or disconnect it when the dc is powered on!

you will blow your controller port;

not necessarily first time, but you will end up doing so.

the same problem happens with ems samba de amigo maracas.

I know this might seem strange for an "official" stick,

but I'm afraid, it's the case!

???

Originally posted by valkyrie999@Aug. 29 2002, 8:06 am

on the "fuse" issue of the arcade stick,

I experienced it!

never connect or disconnect it when the dc is powered on!

you will blow your controller port;

not necessarily first time, but you will end up doing so.

the same problem happens with ems samba de amigo maracas.

I know this might seem strange for an "official" stick,

but I'm afraid, it's the case!

???

eek -- I do that all the time.

guess I better watch it.
sad.gif

More info on the controller fuse issue and how to fix it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/game/22940.html

Third "In-Depth" FAQ down.

I have one that I got for $15 (!!) but don't use it that often. I find that I have to cross my hands over to play with it (right hand on stick, left to operate buttons). Is that abnormal? I don't think I've ever seen anyone play that way before.

Still kicking myself for not scoring the $30 maracas.

Back