Official Saturn Development software

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had the official development software for the programming box? Also do I need a boot disc to start running games on it?

Thanks

Alex

Actually the official development software is pretty mutch what's on antime's site... It is quite sparse, if you ask me. There are DOS versions of the tools for the virtual disk and some simple debug programs(or so i think), not pretty mutch more... To avoid the boot disc, you can mod the console with the ordinary device for the consumer one.

when you start programming I think it's better to use an ordinary Pro action replay + commslink to upload your code directly to memory, rather than having to burn cd's every time
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Mar 7, 2003 @ 09:05 PM

when you start programming I think it's better to use an ordinary Pro action replay + commslink to upload your code directly to memory, rather than having to burn cd's every time
biggrin.gif

...and where excactly do i get this from? i haven't seen it around our local stores for quite a long time. what goes for the internet it's far too expensive for my financial situation. <_<

isn't there also a way to just uitilize that "weird" (and also mostly undocumented) serial-port for filetransfers so that - if someone would do a Serial-Uploader like on DC dor Saturn - one can load binaries via telnet or something?

Now that it's been proven one can load code to L-WORKRAM straight from the CD boot, work can be done in that sense. However, i've never seen the pinout or the interface for the serial port, altough i belive i've seen somewhere it's a register-based device (set register X and put one line up or down, read register Y to check the other line if it's up or doun).

Here's the pinout of the port, or at least I think it is. Using a serial cable should allow you to trigger remote interrupts, which is a big plus. However, I've never even seen a link cable so there's not much chance of experimenting. (The MIDI interface would also be interesting to play with.)

Back