Ok, now why doesn't the U.S. adopt this?

You hold bush personally responsible for 9/11 ? Just asking for clarification.

Because if you are then aren't the 50~ million voters who supported him also guilty?

bush is a puppet of the shadow govt. that's run this country for quite a while. being nothing more than a figurehead he's not actually responsible for anything. as far as the people who voted for him, one of my favorite maxims "the people get the president they deserve" besides, things wouldn't have been much different under gore. all the sleazyness would just be a little bit better hidden

Okay maybe I am in the minority but what I think is fucking sick and twisted is when one group of people decide another group doesnt deserve to live. Homosexuality isnt a disease, it isnt a crime... its a lifestyle. I get sick to hell of juvenille homophobia. It isn't like being Gay is contagious. You can't catch it from being kind to one. Most gay individuals have known they were that way for most of thier lives, just a natural tendency they were born with.

I have had several gay and lesbian friends and do actively, and I have seen the shit they live with for thier lifestyle choice. I dont give a shit about people calling stuff gay or benign slurs... Shit I use enough of them on a daily basis... but when it goes to the extreme of saying they have no right to live, then you elevate yourself to the plateau of the Klu Klux Klan or the Nazi's... and I am sure those are the kind of sick mothers you want to be calling your friends.

objRANT(off)

set ptAnger = Nothing

bush is a puppet of the shadow govt. that's run this country for quite a while. being nothing more than a figurehead he's not actually responsible for anything. as far as the people who voted for him, one of my favorite maxims "the people get the president they deserve" besides, things wouldn't have been much different under gore. all the sleazyness would just be a little bit better hidden

I must agree with this. I felt like in this past election, the objective of the voter was to determine the lesser of the two evils and to then select that one as their choice for president. It's sad that capitalism and democracy are the best ideas regarding a government that humans have been able to operate under thus far.

Actually, I wouldn't consider homosexuality to be an "alternate lifestyle." One who engages in sexual activities with members of the same sex does not have a completely different "lifestyle" than you simply because of this. Someone who lives in a third world country, They have a different lifestyle than you. It's like me saying that my lifestyle is different from yours simply because I prefer to not eat cottage cheese and potato salad, whereas you and 200 million other Americans love these dishes.

For further clarification: Who exactly said homo's don't have the right to live? And as far as them having a different lifelstyle, I guess their lifestyles are different as a person with hemmorhoids' lifestyle is different.
biggrin.gif

Bush is an idiot. You can say, "If you don't like the U.S., then get the fark out!", but then I can say, "If you don't like me, get the fark away from me and take your shiz elsewhere!". It's the same shiz. I personally think that organized government should be eradicated, and possibly started over to try to avoid the corruption that has entangled it. But whatever...what am I going to accomplish by posting it on a videogame site?

I'm just an old crotchety flamethrower anymore
smile.gif

You are best to take me with a grain of salt... and I wasnt pitching shit in your direction D heh... I seem to have the knack for picking the wrong time to spew angry social commentary.

as much as you'd accomplish ranting about it anywhere else. were you to do it somewhere with a larger and less evolved user base you'd pr'lly get death threats for it (i.e. barbara lee), so be happy where you're at

This is just kinda a touchy subject for me. A few years back at the school my wife teaches at a student was brave enough to start a club called the Gay Straight Alliance. Basically the idea behind it wasnt to promote Homosexual agenda but to promote understanding and offer a support line for confused teens. The kid got daily death threats from everything from christian fundamentalists to scared jocks.

It wasn't a pretty situation but he never backed down...

Originally posted by Michaias@July 21 2002, 11:41 am

Actually, I wouldn't consider homosexuality to be an "alternate lifestyle."

I guess you've never been to Oxford Street in Sydney. :
wink.gif
:

Well, I'm just tired of schools nowadays forcing it on the students. I'm not gonna oppress gay people, nor will i treat them differently (although I am wary 'cause I don't want them to make any passes at me blegh!), but the hell with the school system if they say I can't have my own opinion that the act of being gay is just sick. They're pushing it on students almost as hard as they're pushing evolution on students. Damn I'm glad I graduated.

dude there ain't nothing saying someone or some higher being didn't start it all cuz the chances of the right chemicals being in a sess pool and then that sess pool getting hit by lightning and all the other shit that has to happen to cause a single cell. really all evolution states is that everything started from that cell or cells it don't say nothing that the cell itself had to evolve. but i do think this whole thing about telling ppl being gay isn't right is wrong. its not there fault its the way they were born so let em live there lives.

On a side note what the fuck is it with gay ppl and all these gay pride parades and special days i mean like god damn it. you don't see straight pride days and shit. its like the msg they are sending is since we are gay we get to be special and show off.

Originally posted by gamefoo21@July 21 2002, 4:51 pm

On a side note what the fuck is it with gay ppl and all these gay pride parades and special days i mean like god damn it. you don't see straight pride days and shit. its like the msg they are sending is since we are gay we get to be special and show off.

How often do you hear about 'straight bashings'? ???

How often do you hear about discrimination against heterosexuals on the basis of their sexuality? There's a hell of a lot shit that's happened (and still happens) to gay people at the hands of straight people.

Give them a break.

Anyway, who's to say you can't have a 'straight pride' parade? Are you feeling jealous?
biggrin.gif

Awesome. I'm gonna organize an "Heterosexual Roman Catholic White Male Majority Pride Day."

Catholics are freaks. Someone should run the pope over when he comes to toronto, do I have any takers?
biggrin.gif

Um...Catholic Pride Day? If you're in the Vatican, that's the same as Gay Pride Day
biggrin.gif
. Anyways, I'd bet there are a lot of "straight bashings" and straight people getting discriminated against in prison. But hell, most of 'em in there deserve it! But nevertheless, that's some nasty shiz...

How often do you hear about 'straight bashings'?

How often do you hear about discrimination against heterosexuals on the basis of their sexuality?

answer: NEVER

Reason: Normal people dont get bashed or discriminated against, because they are NORMAL....its just the way it is so lets deal with it....freaks at circus shows get laughed at also....all the time.....its the way it is.....If you want to act wierd on purpose just to piss off all the Normal people out there prepare to get your ass bashed by someone......

Reason: Normal people dont get bashed or discriminated against, because they are NORMAL....its just the way it is so lets deal with it....

Ahh, yes. Of course. Gays aren't normal so they deserve to be attacked because of their sexuality.
sarcasm.gif

Who the fuck are you to judge?

If you want to act wierd on purpose just to piss off all the Normal people out there prepare to get your ass bashed by someone......

Wow.
ohmy.gif
Why didn't I pick that? Gays live they way they do just to piss Normal people off.

Grow up.

Its just the way I look at it Mal, you didnt see all this wierd shit 100 years ago, when the world was filled with normal people, just recently people have become ignorant to the point where they think its "cool" to be gay or bi simply bacause tons of wierd ass bastards are coming out of the closet now, thanks to our gay ass president Bill Cunton....Im glad his ass is finally gone....

Back