Ok, now why doesn't the U.S. adopt this?

Thats weird considering Roman soldiers were very commonly gay and wives were considered odd at the time.

actually Im playing with fire here, and teetering on the brink of being banned so I will end my replys on this subject here by saying, well....sorry if I made anyone here angry, Im alot like Archie Bunker from "All in the Family" and have a big mouth, so I tend to say things w/o thinkin first.... My bad...

I thought only talking about illegals was bannable material? I agree open discrimination should not be alowed, altho people have the right to voice their opinions, right?.. maybe there should be a seperate forum for no holds barred, opinion voicing.. it makes for interesting discussion too.. especially when thiose in the wrong get flamed

maybe there should be a seperate forum for no holds barred, opinion voicing

I suspect that such a forum would inevitably lead to grudges and unkindness in SX in general. Better to keep it civil, I think.

I endorse no cause of homophobia, but I will not ban for it, it just speaks for ones ignorance and intolerance.

ok i don't want to sound gay here, but ther'e sno way to avoid doing so in this sort of postion but, have you ever noticed how nice gay people are. I mean, they don't say they're gay but you can tell from those heavy hints. But just, gay people will tolerate anything you throw at them. Gay waiters, best waiters in the world, gay hair cutters, best hair-cutters in the world. great convorsation. So i'm just saying, i don't understand what anyone has against gay people. Again I'M NOT SAYING I'M GAY NOR AM I GAY, but i'm saying i just don't understand what people have agsinst them.

See the main problem with people who say things like being gay is sick and wrong, is that they are also teh same people who say slavery was just "a way of life" and the north should have just learned to live with it, I know these people, have your own opinions but being Human and living in civilized society means you must educate yourself and not just use your preconcived sheltered life lessons

Originally posted by Gallstaff@July 29 2002, 1:58 am

ok i don't want to sound gay here, but ther'e sno way to avoid doing so in this sort of postion but, have you ever noticed how nice gay people are. ... but i'm saying i just don't understand what people have agsinst them.

Acceptance rate of gays, males vs. females is something like 20% to 60% (rounding). So basically, it's mostly teenage males that are homophobes. Why? For some reason a lot of males think that gay people will hit on them. And men tend to have a great deal of insecurity about their own sexuality.

I mean, really, they (gay people) can do much, much better than some stupid redneck, or an intolerant acne covered twit, (including some of those who responded to the post). Also, there's that religious thing, saying it's 'wrong' and all that... (the bible is chock full of inconsistencies though, so it's hardly an end-all)

To get back to why I'm quoting this, YES, they are most certainly the nicest people. Many of my friends are gay too. The whole turning the other cheek business - they don't want to give the same intolerance they get. Peaceful resistance, like MLK or Gandhi.

I love the disclaimer, Gallstaff.
biggrin.gif
That's seems pretty typical of males too, adding that disclaimer. Nothing wrong with it, it's just pretty funny.

very true.. right or wrong, it is going to happen anyways.. if one person has different ideologies, money says others do too, the would be no "eliminating gays" just let the go about their business, altho you have the right to stand up for yourself when they come after you

what can I say, They HAVE hit on me in the past....So now I hate them....Its just my opinion, A gay guy touched my ass in the locker room in high school and I am the one who got suspended for beating him to a pulp!!
sad.gif
go figure!!

Dude we don't have to take showers in our high-school at all. How long ago were you in high-school?

actually I wasnt in the showers, I was in the locker room next to the showers, I was changing for p.e.
tongue.gif

So it would be OK for a girl to beat you to a pulp if you made any unwanted advances?

I hope your being fair about this.
smile.gif

little rash there, beating someone to a pulp because they touch your ass?

I do NOT touch others and do not liked to be touched in return....you wouldnt understand unless something happens to you, then the way you look at things changes...

Back