Old Pentium machine gets jitters playing MP3s

/me looks at himura's pc specs

well I think Jesus's pc has just met it's match ^_~

drool.gif

Originally posted by racketboy@Jul 20, 2003 @ 10:25 PM

I found AWEAmp -- a plugin for Winamp that does some low-level work with the AWE64 cards. I boosted up the buffer on its settings and now my music is as smooth as butter.

What exactly 2 plugins are you using?
smile.gif

I'd also like to operate Winamp over the network, and I have a AWE64.

If you stream the MP3's from another computer on the network, then that might cause an occasional skip. . . but it sounds like you fixed it.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Tindo@heart+Jul 22, 2003 @ 06:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tindo@heart @ Jul 22, 2003 @ 06:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Jul 20, 2003 @ 10:25 PM

I found AWEAmp -- a plugin for Winamp that does some low-level work with the AWE64 cards. I boosted up the buffer on its settings and now my music is as smooth as butter.

What exactly 2 plugins are you using? :)

I'd also like to operate Winamp over the network, and I have a AWE64.

If you stream the MP3's from another computer on the network, then that might cause an occasional skip. . . but it sounds like you fixed it. :p [/b][/quote]

I'm using Webamp for the remote web control. You can customize the design of it a bit too

And I'm using AWEAmp for native AWE64 playback. It can be found on this page

My MP3s are stored on a local HD.

I'm using the box as a file server too.

Thanks a ton!! :D

both of these plugins kick ass!! I'm still playin with the AWE plugin, and all of the fun chorus and reverb tweaks. I wish I could get these cool effects real-time with the microphone. I could really freak out the dog. :p

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@Jul 22, 2003 @ 09:45 PM

Thanks a ton!! :D

both of these plugins kick ass!! I'm still playin with the AWE plugin, and all of the fun chorus and reverb tweaks. I wish I could get these cool effects real-time with the microphone. I could really freak out the dog. :p

yeah some of those effects are pretty cool

didnt get to play with all of them yet, but I thought the far-away one was neat :)

Back