Ouch!

Geez MTXBlau, I would hate too get in a verbal bashing with you, man are you a lawyer or a gov official? you seem to know "too much"
wink.gif
hehe

Uh, she didn't SPILL it.

The bottom dropped out of the cup, it MELTED and poured onto her because the coffee was so fscking hot.

on the news they said she spilled it, and the woman even was on tv and said "I recieved the coffee and put it in my lap, in between my legs....and tried to open the top of it when... oops..." geez talk about old people!! damn shoot me when I turn 60! She spilled it on herself......

Originally posted by FAKK2@Oct. 08 2002, 10:16 pm

Geez MTXBlau, I would hate too get in a verbal bashing with you, man are you a lawyer or a gov official? you seem to know "too much"
wink.gif
hehe

Aspiring lawyer, actually. :
wink.gif
:

---

More facts - she was 79, and she was the passenger. Her grandson was braking as she was opening the cup, upon which it spilled on her.

---

Long time, no see Ms. Cyn. You've been missed.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Oct. 10 2002, 4:15 am

More facts - she was 79, and she was the passenger. Her grandson was braking as she was opening the cup, upon which it spilled on her.

Most reports say the car had stopped when she tried opening it. If the car had been moving she would definitely have no-one to blame but herself.

Originally posted by antime@Oct. 09 2002, 4:56 am

Most reports say the car had stopped when she tried opening it. If the car had been moving she would definitely have no-one to blame but herself.

...in which case, it doesn't matter, because the jury took back a percentage of her award for her own negligence - yes, part of it was her fault, and it was recognized in the court's verdict...

...but most people probably wouldn't expect spilling coffee on oneself would cause an extended trip to the hospital, or coffee that would melt your skin...

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Oct. 10 2002, 9:13 am

...but most people probably wouldn't expect spilling coffee on oneself would cause an extended trip to the hospital, or coffee that would melt your skin...

Having drunk coffee at McDonald's I would expect anything from it.

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Oct. 08 2002, 9:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Oct. 08 2002, 9:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-FAKK2@Oct. 08 2002, 10:16 pm

wink.gif
hehe

Aspiring lawyer, actually. :
wink.gif
:

---

---

Long time, no see Ms. Cyn. You've been missed.[/b][/quote]

Actually, according to an interview with her, in which she described in incident, she was struggling to take off the lid while holding the cup between her legs. When she took the lid off, ther was nothing to keep the cup in a circular form, and she "squeezed" the cup with her legs, causing hte coffee to spill out.

And according to a survey, people who buy coffee at the said business want it as hot as it was served.

Back