Painting the Saturn....

Primer may (or may not - you need to test it) help keep the paint on the platsic. It may not be needed at all.

You may want to do test painting on the VCD card slot cover or something first.

Ok, so should i take the lid off and sprey it seperately or take the guts out... i just don't wanna pull out the innards because i've never done it before and i have a 21 pin model 1 which i really want to keep in functioning order.

I'd take it apart completely if I were you.

It may seem a bit daunting, but if you are careful and earth yourself of static first, it's not really that hard.

Would I have to remove the pieces one by one or can i just take out the lower most bord and the rest kinda just sit ontop of that?

I'm pretty sure you need to take everything out piece by piece. I've done it a few times before on Model 2 Saturns, so I'm guessing that your 21 pin Model 1 should be no different.

If you've got a digital camera you could always take pictures as you go to remind you how to put it back together again.

The best way would be to disassemble the case and have duplicates cast of the parts. It's not impossible, just impractical.

Back