Phantasy Star

Xavier

Mid Boss
My favorite game of all time .

I bought it new at toy'r'us for $70 which is a big chunk of change to a 12 year old .

I played it on my Genesis with a powerbase converter .

I rented the og one at store behind my house and played it for 4 days straight before returning it . I was at the miror shiled part or where you find haspy . When I saw it for sale in the city I lived in I just had to have it .

Phantasy Star 2 had just come out and it was the same price .

Well it was worth it it kept me busy all summer long as was the most enjoyable video game piece of majic ive ever beheld .

I got PS2 the following christmas used and had just about as much fun .

PS3 was a let down .

6 years later ps4 brought the magic back .

Yea ps3 was kind of a let down.. the battle menu sucked.. I liked how the story progressed through generations of families resulting in several different storys to play through.

I still never quite understood were ps3 fit in with the rest of the series... My guess was that it just took place on one of those other big pod space ships that left when the planet exploded. (Makes sense based on the design of the outside maps and how they connected to other areas)

that's what the old men in one town say, yes.

while PS3 wasn't as good as 2 and 4, I still rather liked it. the music was (at least partially) very good.

it's sort of a "side story" to PS2.

PS3? Kick-ass theme/intro music, that's all I remember from this game.
tongue.gif

Phantasy star was sooo awesome, the intro to the very end, that game was beautiful, 2 was good, three very good, and unfortunately I never got a chance to play 4 but I am in the hunt for it now, its amazing how much those games were back then, I remember buying ps1 for almost 70 bucks from macy's. but it was well worth it for that game. GREAT GREAT GAME...

SEGA!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, phantasy star is the best series of all time, although way too underrated and under recognized.. hopefully with the collection coming out for gba, sega will think about making a 5.

or remaking 2.. i would crap in the pants if that happened

I don't know if they'd make a ps5 (see what hapened-pso), but another phantasy star game would be seeweet.(besides ps collection which will undoubtably kiss much ass)

what happened to pso? It did well, and will continue to.

I can see a 5 as being reality sometime after the full collection is released.

I bet they'd kingdom hearts it all up so they merged it with final fantasy or some shit. People will think,

hey final fantasy is cool, and what's this? Sweet, new charecters added that i've never even heard of before so they must be new and exciting!"

PS4 was awsome.

I think that was the game to push the genny to it's limits.

The comic book story secquence (combined with the awesome story) was absolutely breathtaking, at the time.

(I think it still holds it's own today as one of the greatest RPG's right behind SofA, incidentally devoloped by the same team, these guys must know there RPG's)

Oh yeah, and Wren is just so damn cool!

Back