PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

FAKK, they more copied the DC controllerthan the PSX one. they set the buttons kinda like the PSX controller on the S-Type but it's more like a DC controller. It's good for emus and that's bout' it.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

It's also worth noting that the size/capacity of Nintendo's disc is not custom - it's been in the DVD standards (even the DVD-R standards) for years and is designated "DVD-1".

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by Taelon@Nov. 27 2002, 11:29 am

Ugh, just have to make a note on the side here... I'm really tired as piss of those people bringing up the argument of "So you hate Microsoft/its products? Well, which OS do you use on your PC?"

It's brought up so often because most people discount the XBox because it's by MS or associated with Bill Gates, at least on the internet. Others (fanboys) discount it because it's not a PS2.

As far as hating Windows in general, I simply tell others to take a step back - has your life and personal happiness been greatly diminshed by MS and Windows? Would it be better if you didn't have a PC at all? Etc.

Linux can do everything you want it to do, it's a matter of how badly you want it. A friend of mine has been MS free for nearly 3 years. It's just your level of animosity, I guess.

Personally, I have nothing against Bill Gates. Nor do I have anything against MS. I've used Linux, and I prefer Windows (KDE is the nice, though).

Anyhow, I back to the topic at hand - out of curiousity, the GC's anti piracy thing still works, I guess? It's impossible to copy the games, thus far, right? And out of curiousity, has anyone ever tried reading a GC disc in a DVD Writer drive?

I think it's pretty amazing that the GC has staved off piracy thus far. My hat is off to Nintendo.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by gameboy900@Nov. 28 2002, 4:06 am

FYI the GC DOES use a dvd drive...albeit a customized one.

Here is why you can't read the GC discs:

1. The GC spins the disc counter-clockwise while CD's and normal DVD's spin clockwise.

2. The GC uses a custom TOC (table of contents or lead in) on their discs that cannot be recognized by any standard DVD drive.

3. The GC uses a custom file system (kinda like FAT, FAT32, NTSF, etc). Because of this no OS can read the contents of the disc (assuming it got past the custom TOC) because it doesn't have a system driver to recognize the GC's file system.

Other than this everything about a GC disc conforms to DVD standards.

1. It spins it in the usual direction... open it up while it's on and watch it slow down

2+3 to the best of my knowledge, yep

And it's on a DVD-9 format.. the laser won't read anything else

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney+Nov. 29 2002, 1:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hollywood Hasney @ Nov. 29 2002, 1:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-gameboy900@Nov. 28 2002, 4:06 am

1. The GC spins the disc counter-clockwise while CD's and normal DVD's spin clockwise.

1. It spins it in the usual direction... open it up while it's on and watch it slow down[/b][/quote]

Yep, but the spiral starts at the outer edge of the disc and not the inner edge, as usual.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Hell yea, this might be the reason the big N will still be around. TONZ of ppl just burn PS2 games and there is also a lot of XBox piracy goin around. This is where the companies make their $$ correct? yes, so therefore Nintendo is makin a LOT more money than M$ as far as sales, and still sells enough to be up there w/ Sony. If nothing else, the whole piracy thing on the box might just be the last nail in their coffin. But anywho I wont miss it even though I have 1. As long as panzer comes out......and a Conker game or 2.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

I think it's pretty amazing that the GC has staved off piracy thus far. My hat is off to Nintendo.

Well, mine as well. But that also is the reason the other systems (which are moddable and can be pirated) are outselling it everywhere. I know the system sales don't make the company any profit till like 2 - 3 years in, but the sales figures make people think. At least you know that for every GC sold someone somewhere has to buy some software. Not true for the XBox & PS2.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by antime+Nov. 28 2002, 3:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antime @ Nov. 28 2002, 3:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@Nov. 29 2002, 1:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-gameboy900
@Nov. 28 2002, 4:06 am

1. It spins it in the usual direction... open it up while it's on and watch it slow down

Yep, but the spiral starts at the outer edge of the disc and not the inner edge, as usual.[/b][/quote]

Yeah, same as the DCs GD-ROMs

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by BJammzz@Nov. 29 2002, 7:19 pm

Hell yea, this might be the reason the big N will still be around. TONZ of ppl just burn PS2 games and there is also a lot of XBox piracy goin around. This is where the companies make their $$ correct? yes, so therefore Nintendo is makin a LOT more money than M$ as far as sales, and still sells enough to be up there w/ Sony. If nothing else, the whole piracy thing on the box might just be the last nail in their coffin. But anywho I wont miss it even though I have 1. As long as panzer comes out......and a Conker game or 2.

ms could (and probabbly will) get round the problem of copies once xbox live goes online

think pso style serial numbers, which only work on 1 dc

i can imagine you will have to enter a serial number for the game, register it on live then no other xbox can play it

im pretty sure this is at least going to be investigated for the online games at least eventually, time will tell

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney+Nov. 29 2002, 11:55 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hollywood Hasney @ Nov. 29 2002, 11:55 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by antime@Nov. 28 2002, 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@Nov. 29 2002, 1:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-gameboy900
@Nov. 28 2002, 4:06 am

Yep, but the spiral starts at the outer edge of the disc and not the inner edge, as usual.

Yeah, same as the DCs GD-ROMs[/b][/quote]

You're right that was supposed to be the spiral is reversed not the spin. It's been a while since I've looked at it. Stupid memory. Incidentaly if you take a look at a dual layerd DVD you will notice (well not actually notice with your eyes, but anyway) that the spiral on the second layer (can't remember if that's the the outer or inner one) actually starts from the outside and moves in. This was done so that layer changes would be as quick as possible.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Regarding backward spinning and spirals and whatnot:

Yeah, same as the DCs GD-ROMs

Nope. The reason GD-ROMs are "read from the outside in" is that GD Workshop pads them with a dummy track.

And it's on a DVD-9 format.. the laser won't read anything else

It is definitely not on DVD-9, as DVD-9 is a 12cm format. Also, this can't possibly be true for the Q.

Well, mine as well. But that also is the reason the other systems (which are moddable and can be pirated) are outselling it everywhere

I rather doubt that Xbox is outselling GameCube in Japan.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Hey i don't know if this is true but I read somethieng somewhere on the internet stating a few reason swhy the xbox isn't doing well in japan and i dunno here is what i remember:

The xbox is physically too big and a lot of japanese homes simply do not have room for it in their entertainment center.

It is an american comapnys product therefore the japanese automatically think it inferior to there god-send products and dont' give it a second thought. We buy their crap every day, but I guess just because the xbox is more powerful then theyre little gamecube (don't get me wrong, i love the 'cube) doesn't mean it's worth shit more.

It's not cute enough. yeah this may be true. The japanese are into all that chibi and kawii shit so I dunno the xbox really is just that... a box. NOt too attractive but if you're gonna be using it, you're looking at the TV, not the xbox.

And lack of japanese-only software. NOt many games to xbox are exclusive japan, but some of the xbox only games ARE exclusive to america.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

and the fact that it cost 3 arms and 2 legs......and contrary to popular belief, they only have 2 arms and 2 legs (small ones at that) Sooooooo, as u can see, they just can't afford it.......unless the go in halves?

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by BJammzz@Nov. 30 2002, 10:18 pm

and the fact that it cost 3 arms and 2 legs......and contrary to popular belief, they only have 2 arms and 2 legs (small ones at that) Sooooooo, as u can see, they just can't afford it.......unless the go in halves?

It costs the same as a PS2 (or very close) and they can seem to afford those.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

Originally posted by BJammzz@Dec. 01 2002, 6:18 am

Here, in fact, it costs considerably less than the PS2 when you look at the 2 basic systems.

Xbox costs £159.99 and comes with 2 games (JSRF and Sega GT 2002), doesn't need a memory card, and only lacks DVD playback out of the box (which only requires another £30 to get the remote for anyway).

PS2 costs £169.99 with no games, no memory card, but DVD playback works out of the box though.

So to get both systems to a comparable level (DVD and saving with something to play on them), you're looking at £190 for the Xbox, or £240 for the PS2 (cost of a game ~£40 for a new title, memory card is another £30) while you're still stuck using the pad for DVD playback.

That to me means you're getting a much better deal with Xbox in terms of price, since the system is more powerful and works out cheaper to start with (games for all 3 systems here are £40-£45 each).

The GameCube, BTW, compares favourably, considering the system cost £129.99, plus £15 for a memory card, bringing the total for the system and a game (so you can actually make use of it) coming to a total of £185, just lacking the DVD movie playback (which isn't possible on the regular GC). Once the Xbox and GC has been around for a while, we should see much more in the way of games coming out for them, as that's the only thing that's slightly lacking on those systems ATM.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

"FAKK you sound like a whiny baby."

-huh? maby you read the post wrong...read it again.
wink.gif

"Yeah he does."

"Instead of a long post no one will read (like all of FAKK's posts), I just have to say that no one respects fanboys who bash systems."

-hmph....and who the hell are you....? More people respect me than youll ever get kissing other peoples asses!
tongue.gif

"BTW, why is this on SegaXtreme?"

-You are too blind to know why Im here posting at SX you loser!! blow!

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

I only have one thing to say on the subject of FAKK2.

His nickname is the name of one of the worst animated films in history.

Oh yeah, and he's a confirmed fanboy and loves bashing other systems. So that makes two things. Sorry. The end.

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

wow you thought Heavy Metal 2000 was horrible?? wow you have no class......funny you try to bag on me, yet you dont even know who I am, truely ignorant you pussies are....you must be friends of RIGG. hahahaha

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

When I first heard of X-box three years ago I laughed my ass off I mean I couldnt think of one really good microsoft computer game out of hundereds , I looked into the future and saw tons of crappy titles , I mean the most important thing , at least of system in the past is that they have there own base of first party (is that the right phrase) games , like sega has sonic team , then let the license's make tons of crap , every little once in awhile they come out with somthing good . X-box does have the most muscle though i've heard and there seems to be one or two games exclusive to it that I might want to play so my laughs turn into chuckles .

Also look at sony they started out making games but now it seems they laying back and just taking in licensing fees , a contradiction to sega's profit belief .

I still dont see how they lost money , they had one of the most sucessfull product launches ever and 249 titles .

PLAY CDR's IN XBOX!

well, truely Xbox is superior hardware by far compared to the little ps2, but... hardware is NOT the big thing when playing games, fun factor is....I noticed this when playing my Duo, it was never a powerfull system compared to the sega cd, but my Duo to this very day is still alot more fun to play than my sega cd, its just the games that came out for it are way better in quality/fun factor, sega cd games for the most part were nothing more than fmv games or genesis cart games with cd music, the Duo on the other hand concentrated on really great games with incredible music....

Oh there I go on again with those big posts nobody wants to read....
tongue.gif

Hahaha Sony isnt really just kicking back to much, Twisted Metal Black On-Line is out, and SOCOM US Navy Seals with the headset is out as well by sony and you can talk into the headset to your other men and tell them what to do, who to kill, how to back you up, etc....sony is working on great PS2 only games, what did xbox get, Shrek....? Blinx....? Toe Jam and Earl......? good god...please get real, now that Dead to Rights is on PS2 now, there is not any reason to buy an Xbox...Xbox is digging its own grave. Its unfortunate because I wanted to buy one until I saw its game lineup....that is the only real thing that killed the Xbox for me, and have you ever purchased a gamepad or keyboard/mouse for the PC by Microsoft??? Yuck! Logitec is way better... and I only use my PS2 pad on the PC now...its just more comfortable to use, nothing more. If you think hard about it, Im not a sony fan at all, if the game titles were reversed, and Xbox had all the good stuff, plus a good control pad, I would say screw the ps2 get an Xbox, but thats not reality.

Back