Popups

just because a company files chapter 11 doesn't mean they're going out of business.

edit: oh and if zone alarm seems to be taking care of it, then the popups problem you are having is with the messenger service. When you stop it make sure you disable it to, if you leave it set to manual or disabled it'll come back on next time you restart.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Oct 24, 2003 @ 03:01 AM

just because a company files chapter 11 doesn't mean they're going out of business.

true. I couldn't remember their exact situation

as someone on slashdot said, AOL is turning 1337, next thing you know they'll change their name to a0l

Quite frankly this may be a good thing, but aol turning this stuff off isn't right, they should atleast ask your permission.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Oct 24, 2003 @ 11:42 PM

Quite frankly this may be a good thing, but aol turning this stuff off isn't right, they should atleast ask your permission.

I'm sure its in that big thing of text that everyone agrees to but nobody reads

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Oct 22, 2003 @ 05:40 PM

gah I'd be on linux so fast if I wasn't a gamer

RedHat has served me well.

If you don't want to lose Windows, just partition your drive.

But then again, you want to stop popups, not partition your drive, oh well.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Oct 24, 2003 @ 06:42 PM

as someone on slashdot said, AOL is turning 1337, next thing you know they'll change their name to a0l

Yes but most wouldn't read it and just hit no and then be pissed off when similar popups without their knowledge came up and they couldn't figure out what the hell to do to get aol to shut it off or even shut it off themself.

Back