Post the best arcades in your area

racketboy

Established Member
I thought it would be cool if we could make a thread of our local vg arcades.

Just post the area you live in and the name/location (link to yahoo maps or something might be handy) of the arcade and maybe what games of interest they have -- especially Sega.

I'll list some of mine sometime in the near future.

I use to have a good Diversions here, but all there games are getting busted up. So i would have to say Gameworks followed by Larsland (spelling?). Gameworks is to expensive though.

We don't really have arcades here anymore :(. You just tend to find machines in random places like bars or wherever. I think there must be some huge stockpile of cabinets somewhere around..

We too, no longer have arcades around here. The last 2 closed up when the movie theatre attached to one turned to an art film place, and the other one was in our mall got shut down because they were dealing drungs out of the back room. Best hope for finding arcade games now are the 1 or 2 machines you'll find at some movie theatres or the bowling alley. All I wanna do is find a place that has the first ninja turtles arcade game...

I can only think of a couple around Des Moines, off the top of my head. None of them have VF machines, so I don't bother. :p

ooh, white marh mall just got a matrimelee and a svc chaos machine lately, and theve had a current ddr machine for the last year, so thats not a bad place to go.

Blah...

Over here (Holland) all arcades are filled with slot machines, so no more games. (at least where I live)

And the very few games that are available are pretty old (Sega Rally 2)

The bastards... :flamethrower:

Theres a million arcades in Blackpool... 50miles away. Although the arcades there are huuuuuuuge.

Theres a Namco station in Manchester, never been... Apparently is amazing.

I don't think that's the link you meant it to be. :lol:

BTW, there's a mini arcade at the campus that I work at but I never go in there for fear of having my arse kicked. :blush:

Originally posted by mal@Sep 12, 2003 @ 03:08 PM

I don't think that's the link you meant it to be. :lol:

BTW, there's a mini arcade at the campus that I work at but I never go in there for fear of having my arse kicked. :blush:

lol -- sorry bout that

that was still on my clipboard from yesterday!

I fixed the link

Yeah there's a sweet arcade at UCDavis that has TONS of 2D fighters.

I started playing CvS2 and was doing good until some Asian guy stepped up and picked characters that had lots of cheap-shot capalilities and creamed me.

I was ticked

One of these days I'm going to have to go and have a go at the House of the Dead machine they've got. I'm not too bad at that.

Fighters on the other hand...

Tekken Tag

KOF 2001

VF2

X-Men vs Street Fighter

and others

they're just not my thing. :blink:

On any fighter that involves Ken or Ryu I can kick tail against anyone that does live and breathe the game and/or takes cheap shots.

Unfortunately, that's a pretty small population among the people that hang out in arcades and will actually play a 2D fighter.

We got a DreamMachine here which is a sorta crappy arcade chain of the northeast. Not too bad but not too good either. Got a ddr max 2, house of the dead and some other ok things but their real claim to fame is the battlelan.

Back in the day we had a great arcade at a local mall. On weekends it was always packed. This was a loooooooong time ago though. I spent a whole lotta cash on MK2, Killer Instinct, and the like there. Now it's just a fixture in the mall that looks like it will go out of business any day.

Originally posted by KiDdErZ@Sep 12, 2003 @ 08:43 PM

Yeah, that's the biggest one I've been to in the last few years. It's pretty good.. They've got that demented Drum Master game that draws a good crowd :). You can get boxes of Namco matches, might sell them on ebay as 'Ultra Rare Limited Edition Namco Matches - Mint!' ;) .

Originally posted by Myname+Sep 12, 2003 @ 07:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myname @ Sep 12, 2003 @ 07:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-KiDdErZ@Sep 12, 2003 @ 08:43 PM

Yeah, that's the biggest one I've been to in the last few years. It's pretty good.. They've got that demented Drum Master game that draws a good crowd :). You can get boxes of Namco matches, might sell them on ebay as 'Ultra Rare Limited Edition Namco Matches - Mint!' ;) . [/b][/quote]

Cool, may get a bus/train there... Take it machines are £1 a credit? Bloody rip off if it is...

we have a few places in peterborough (UK)

last time i checked we had Sega rally 2, Scudrace, Daytona USA 2 House of the dead, and star wars arcade....no more VF2!!! :(

Back