Power Plug Instructions?

Hey. I just got this funky looking Power Plug thing at a Funco for .49. Anyone know where I can find directions on how to use/program it?

(I actually just bought it because I wanted another extension cord, but hey, the names on the buttons sound like fun. It thrashes and steers.)

My quick search of google didn't turn up any good instructions.

I tried figuring it out myself, but the control system leads to no intuitive solutions. All I've figured out so far is that if you hit the big round button, it beeps a lot and lights up. And if you hit the 3rd small round one, it cycles through lighting up some choices.

Thanks,

JMT.

Hope this helps

Tyco's Power Plug

Tyco's Power Plug

Have you ever wished that you could modify your control pad to work a little differently? Like give it rapid turbo fire, or reconfigure the buttons to best suit your style of play? Well, your wait will soon be over. The new Power Plug from Tyco can help you do all those things, and more.

The concept is simple. You just plug the Power Plug into the Genesis controller port, then plug the controller into it. The Power Plug supports the three-button controller as well as the new six-button controllers. And once it's plugged in, your controller will never be the same again.

Special Street Fighter II Moves

Let's say you're fighting as Ryu in Street Fighter II, and you want to use his special move, the Fireball. Normally you would need to press a total of four buttons to make this move, but with the Power Plug's Trash feature, you can make just one button do the trick. The same goes for other moves, such as Ryu's Dragon Punch and Hurricane Kick, as well as the special moves of the other fighers. A total of eight Trash settings are dedicated to special Street Fighter II moves, making complex button combinations a thing of the past.

Learning Mode

You can also use the Power Plug's Learn mode to reconfigure the buttons on your controller, even if the game itself does not allow you that option. For example, suppose the game uses Button A to punch and Button B to kick. If you want to change the button configuration so that Button B punches, you press the Learn button, press Button B (the button to be changed), then Button A (the punch button), and finally press Learn again to tell the Power Plug you're done.

Better still, you can teach your controller to make one button do the work of many (referred to as a "macro" in the computer world). For example, suppose you want your character to punch and kick then jump, all in rapid succession, and you want to configure Button A for this combination move. After pressing the Learn button and Button A, you can then press the buttons that would normally make these moves individually, and then press Learn again. Now when you press Button A, your character will make all the moves that you programmed for that button, in the order you programmed them. And if the game allows it, you can program the button so that moves occur simultaneously -- just hi the buttons at the same time when you are in Learn mode.

Other special combinations you can program include "Turn Around and Fire," which makes your character turn in the opposite direction, fire, and then turn back. You can even set the speed of this maneuver using the Turbo Bar.

Other Features

The Power Plug has other features that can breathe new life into tired old controllers. Like Power Steering, which can give you incredibly smooth directional control, making it ideal for flying and driving games. Or the Turbo Bar, which lets you turn any button into a turbo firing button, and even lets you adjust the firing rate of individual buttons.

Tyco's Power Plug would make a valuable addition to any serious gamer's arsenal. With its flexible learning mode and its wide selection of preset options, the Power Plug will take you to The Next Level in gaming proficiency.

Man, am I feeling ignorant.
blink.gif
I always thought power plugs were those plastic things attached to cords and sporting two metal prongs that stick into a 110V wall outlet.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the replys.

(first reply)

I too found that tad of info on the web, but unfortunately it doesn't explain how to use the PP buttons, and setting up steering and such. I did manage to get Sonic to execute a SFII move though. That was amusing for a couple of minutes.

(second reply)

Heh. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to word the title of the post so that people wouldn't think I was talking about a power plug.

(third reply)

I'll pay you a buck if you ever manage to scan that manual (or at least the useful pages). I'll put it up on my website (whenever that gets finished).

JMT.

Back