Problem with SSF

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, I'm a filthy newb.

Anyways, SSF seems to be having trouble running some games that should run ok. Streetfighter Zero 3, Xmen vs. Streetfighter, Vampire Saviour, Panzer Dragoon Azel ran fine (as well as they should, anyways) on my home PC using the disc in the CDrom drive...I ripped a good amount of my saturn games onto this pc, now these in particular are not running but my other rips are running ok and I didn't do anything differently between them. What happens is that SSF acts as though they're music CD's...it doesn't automatically boot them, just takes you to the saturn startup screen. And the CD+G channel option is in place of the 'start application' option so you can't start them.

Will I just have to burn them all to get it working? I have no CDR's to test this with :/

Any help is of course appreciated...

Yes, made absolutely sure. Also just tried different bios files...no use :(

Also, I forgot to mention that I have a real Saturn...just didn't bring it with me to school. Far less videogame time during the year :(

I never get SSF to work with readl game disc on WinXP...

Girigiri works though...

how did you get your SSF run using the game disc?

Are you using WinXP?

SSF can use both IOCTL or ASPI under winxp and 2k. Try fiddling with that. ASPI will of course only work if you have it installed.

I got SSF working on XP with originals without any problems ever.

If you have some kind of IDE driver installed (nForce, VIA), try removing those.

I use ccd files to play my games on giri giri when I mount them as virtual images using achocol 120%

I leave the .img files alone as the ccd file seems to just be used.

Try ripping at 4x speed and making ccd files, do iso work?

the author of SSF just recently said that you should use over cd images instead of originals as originals can screw with the very sensitive timing that SSF emulates.

Back