PS2 Is Kicking Xbox 360's Butt, While PS3 Dies

vbt

Staff member
It’s no surprise that the PlayStation 3 hasn’t been a big hit. And obviously the huge price tag and lacking software lineup has been the prime cause of what looks like an early demise of Sony’s next-gen console. Surprisingly, though, the PS2 has managed to sell more units month-on-end than the Xbox 360.

Sony has really to react but that's real the console is overpriced. For sure they did nice TV ads for games with nice sound track but it's not enough to buy it :)

Source : http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS2-Is-Kicking-Xbox-360-s-Butt-While-PS3-Dies-3682.html

I wouldn't expect PS3 to "die" anytime soon; by all accounts I've seen it's doing quite well in Japan, and when a Japanese console does well in Japan it tends to stick around for a while.

The xbox 360 had a good first year, but in the last six months, how many good games have been released for it? Microsoft has put all of their time and effort into xbox live (movie downloads, etc) and into the XBOX 3, but not enough time in securing third-party games or even releasing (m)any good games in that time.

The 360 had atleast three big hits: Call of Duty, Oblivion, and Gears of War, but where are the other hits? A few months back, I went to several game sites, to see what had come out in those months and games that are planned to come out in the near future. Guess What? Nothing!?!

I believe microsoft had a chance to make it this round, but they blew it.

Back