Question about upcoming Return Fire release

I would've posted this in the topic about Return Fire, but it got locked. Anyway, I wanted to know if this game displays in PAL or NTSC? I've tried to play a few PAL games on my Saturn (it's an American system with a mod chip installed) and the image is always too big to fit on my TV, usually making it unplayable.

From one of Mr. Saturn's posts in the other thread:

"Prolific Publishing, Inc. Burbank, CA owns the game..."

It stands to reason that since this is a Canadian company and therefore in an NTSC region, the game will run in NTSC mode as well.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb. 05 2003, 1:07 pm

From one of Mr. Saturn's posts in the other thread:

"Prolific Publishing, Inc. Burbank, CA owns the game..."

It stands to reason that since this is a Canadian company and therefore in an NTSC region, the game will run in NTSC mode as well.
smile.gif

Hmm... I think Burbank, CA stands for Burbank California, but nevertheless if it's NTSC it's all good.

But if you notice, the screenshots were in German, so don't be too sure without Mr. Saturn's confirmation.

It is NTSC and the screenshots are in german because you can decide in which language the menu appears - there is french, english, italian, spanish and more too...

And it is Burbank California
biggrin.gif

Aye, because the screenshots were auf Deutsch, ich glaubte daß Return Fire...might be in PAL. Damn, my German's really gone down the tubes.
tongue.gif

Thanks, though. This means I'll be ordering a copy.
smile.gif

I don't see why this matters - surely Mr Saturn can make either Euro copies or NTSC copies since it is just a copy. ???

Sure the game itself is region free (JTUBKAEL), but I think people were more concerned whether it would be in PAL (625 line) or NTSC (525 line) resolution.

And of course there could be timing issues if it was PAL optimised and run on an NTSC Saturn...

The game is multi-region - it has JTUBKAEL

For JAPAN.For TAIWAN and PHILIPINES.For USA and CANADA.For BRAZIL.For KOREA.For ASIA PAL area.For EUROPE.For LATIN AMERICA.

NTSC resolution...

Umm... yeah.

I was just explaining to Curtis why some people would be concerned if it was PAL.

You'd made it clear it was NTSC.

I'm a little thick tonight...that it is NTSC doesn't matter to us PAL'ers - we just get the usual black borders, right?

This is an amusing thread to read, with the whole back-and-forth
smile.gif

"It's a multi-region game, so it's NTSC..." - "So it gives us PAL people borders, right?" - "It's not in Canada, it's in California..." - "But the menus were in Deutsch..." - "Yeah, but it's a multi-region game." - "The menus can be Spanish, Swahili and Egyptian, too, so we don't know for sure it's a PAL game..." - "So we don't get borders, then?" - "It might run too fast..."

LOL
smile.gif

I have new prices...

Dealing with a new delivery agency makes the postage much cheaper:

For you guys in America:

So far prices:

Standard Delivery (10-14days) --> 15,60$

Fast Delivery by Airmail (3-6days) --> 24,30$

New prices:

Standard Delivery (10-14days) --> 8,82$

Fast Delivery (3-6days) --> 10,82$

So the approx. total price for Return Fire will be 13-15$
smile.gif

Does anyone still believe i will make profit? (Zziggy? 3rdman?)
angry.gif

Some licensing probs with Silent Software at this moment but i think it will get cleared in a few days...

As i said before: I will post if it is available...
biggrin.gif

Back